Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
is anyone having cc declines at fictionwise?

a couple weeks ago i used my husband's credit card to make a purchase at fictionwise and it was declined. i tried it again and it was again declined. i won't bore you with the complications, but it turned out there was an issue - either with fictionwise or the bank, depending on who you believe.

anyway, yesterday my card was declined by fictionwise for a $5.94 purchose and my bank doesn't show a decline or transaction at all. i paid my dentist after the decline, so it doesn't seem to be the bank, although who knows.

i was wondering if this is just bad luck or if anyone else was seeing credit card declines from fictionwise.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
double check that the number is correct. if the bank says they don't have a record. its because it never got to them.

the same happened to me before and I xposed some digits.

I am 99% sure that is what happened
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I had trouble at Baen once and it was because of my mouse. With the click down menus for month and year they can change without you realising it if you move the mouse wheel accidently. I now pick the month then click on a clear spot to lock it in, ditto year, then check again before going ahead.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Only once have I had a declined cc from Fictionwise - and it was the same week that I'd received and authorized my updated cc (the old one was expiring that month).

I waited a couple of days and it worked fine.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
yep

I have also had my cc declined at fictionwise, when I had plenty of money in the account. I tried again later and it took without a problem. I don't know if I mis entered something or if its a problem on fictionwises processing end.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #6
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
well, i'm actually 100% sure the numbers were right in both cases, so i guess it's just the luck of the draw. i can live with that. it beats having a system wide issue

thanks for your responses.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I have also had my cc declined at fictionwise, when I had plenty of money in the account. I tried again later and it took without a problem. I don't know if I mis entered something or if its a problem on fictionwises processing end.

Amy
Was that a debit card as opposed to a credit card?

Banks sometimes place a hold for significantly more than your purchase price on debit transactions.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #8
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Was that a debit card as opposed to a credit card?

Banks sometimes place a hold for significantly more than your purchase price on debit transactions.
Yeah it was a debit card not a regular credit card.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I frequently get declines using credit cards as my banks seem to want to protect me from myself. When they see purchases being made from different countries they put a 'warm hold' on my card for security reasons. I have to call the banks and tell them 'yes, I made that purchase' before they will release my card. I can usually only make one purchase on a card per call and so need to carry several with me when I travel. I've had the banks make notes on my accounts, telling them that I'll be traveling to such and such countries, but that only seems to help with one of my cards. This might be a similar situation. There is so much credit card fraud going on these days that the banks tend to err on the side of caution.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote