Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 06:36 AM   #16
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT RP1, Remarkable
Can PDF annotations be saved in the original document? I mean not like the Onyx Boox which you have to export annotated PDFs as new files.

Last edited by JS_F; 10-24-2018 at 06:38 AM.
JS_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:06 PM   #17
FulciLives
Connoisseur
FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FulciLives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (2017 Model)
I just found this device on Amazon today (never heard of it until now) and the current price is only $139.00 USD

I have no idea if it is worth it or not....
FulciLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 03:58 AM   #18
orangpelupa
Enthusiast
orangpelupa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by FulciLives View Post
I just found this device on Amazon today (never heard of it until now) and the current price is only $139.00 USD

I have no idea if it is worth it or not....
thanks a ton for mentioning it! i found the page on amazon! now i just bought it thru my country's "importing service" online shop haha.
orangpelupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #19
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
I just got mine today and I could so with some help please.
The stock reading app is not very good. Big problem is the lack of font size options, it goes from small to huge in one step.
So I've been trying other app but they all have issues:
AI reader won't open just crashes
Lithium page buttons won't work, I've turned them on in settings, rebooted etc. Other than that I liked the app so if anyone knows how to get the buttons to working I'd love to know.
Same with Kindle page buttons don't work
Readera crashes when opening a book

I'm very disappointed in this reader. It's laggy. There seems to be nowhere to close all tabs, you have to do it one by one. No option to set refresh rate. The back needed to be rubberised and the buttons less loud and clicky. I'm not bothered by the lack of Google play. I am bothered by having only one reader app that isn't good enough.

I have i86mlplus. Pretty much the same specs and despite being 3 years old it's much better than this in software and speed.

Any ideas please. Thanks

This is going to have to go back, it's too buggy. I've tried other reader apps none work with buttons. The inkbook reader, you can't change books without closing the app. Doesn't matter if you go through the home pages, files or library. It either doesn't bother opening or gives you white screen then crashes.
Everytime you change a font within the book it goes back to the begining of the book.
Publishers fonts - starts really small then the next font is large. The smallest pick your font option is too big.

I've sent Inkbook a message, hopefully they'll get back to me. If not I'll return it.

Sorry this is turning into a ramble, I've figured something out. Unfortuntely in library it doesn't recognise folders, it expects you to just dump all your books in one place. So I prefer 'files'. If when reading you want to change books use the button at the bottom in the middle, not the on screen back button. With the onscreen back button the book doesn't close so the new book you have selected doesn't open. Using the button on the bottom you get a quick message flash up saying something like 'closing book' and when you select another one it does open.

Last edited by carltonbp; 05-04-2019 at 10:25 AM.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:15 AM   #20
trence
Connoisseur
trence doesn't littertrence doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
I just got mine today and I could so with some help please.
The stock reading app is not very good. Big problem is the lack of font size options, it goes from small to huge in one step.
So I've been trying other app but they all have issues:
AI reader won't open just crashes
Lithium page buttons won't work, I've turned them on in settings, rebooted etc. Other than that I liked the app so if anyone knows how to get the buttons to working I'd love to know.
Same with Kindle page buttons don't work
Readera crashes when opening a book

I'm very disappointed in this reader. It's laggy. There seems to be nowhere to close all tabs, you have to do it one by one. No option to set refresh rate. The back needed to be rubberised and the buttons less loud and clicky. I'm not bothered by the lack of Google play. I am bothered by having only one reader app that isn't good enough.

I have i86mlplus. Pretty much the same specs and despite being 3 years old it's much better than this in software and speed.

Any ideas please. Thanks

This is going to have to go back, it's too buggy. I've tried other reader apps none work with buttons. The inkbook reader, you can't change books without closing the app. Doesn't matter if you go through the home pages, files or library. It either doesn't bother opening or gives you white screen then crashes.
Everytime you change a font within the book it goes back to the begining of the book.
Publishers fonts - starts really small then the next font is large. The smallest pick your font option is too big.

I've sent Inkbook a message, hopefully they'll get back to me. If not I'll return it.

Sorry this is turning into a ramble, I've figured something out. Unfortuntely in library it doesn't recognise folders, it expects you to just dump all your books in one place. So I prefer 'files'. If when reading you want to change books use the button at the bottom in the middle, not the on screen back button. With the onscreen back button the book doesn't close so the new book you have selected doesn't open. Using the button on the bottom you get a quick message flash up saying something like 'closing book' and when you select another one it does open.

How is the backlight? Does it have a good night mode?
trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #21
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Bit of shading along bottom. But that's not an issue. Colour temp is nice but works better the brighter the screen. Also it flickers and changes to a really cool colour randomly. I read for an hour and it flickered about 3 times and once i had to go to to settings and toggle brightness and temp for a bit because the screen went the cold colour and stayed cold until i randomly hit the right combo. Picked it up tonight and had to again reset the colour temp by playing with settings. Seriously buggy or faulty.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:21 AM   #22
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Bit of shading along bottom. But that's not an issue. Colour temp is nice but works better the brighter the screen. Also it flickers and changes to a really cool colour randomly. I read for an hour and it flickered about 3 times and once i had to go to to settings and toggle brightness and temp for a bit because the screen went the cold colour and stayed cold until i randomly hit the right combo. Picked it up tonight and had to again reset the colour temp by playing with settings. Seriously buggy or faulty.

hi, may i know where are you and how long the shipment was?

in my experience, amazon usually delivers pretty fast but i bought this thru a forwarding service due to cheaper tax.

its been 2 weeks and they say the item still hasn't arrived at their U.S. warehouse. When i asked about the amazon order proof of purchase, they say they cant give it to me.

your info of delivery time will help me to push more question to the forwarding service.

thanyou, pardon my weird english.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #23
carltonbp
Connoisseur

Took exactly a week from Amazon US to UK

There's going to be an update in about a month.

but...
there's issues with my light, it changes colour from warm to cold and one night it kept turning off. So I'm not sure if keeping. Seems to misbehave a different way each day so I'm giving it a bit more time.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #24
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Took exactly a week from Amazon US to UK

There's going to be an update in about a month.

but...
there's issues with my light, it changes colour from warm to cold and one night it kept turning off. So I'm not sure if keeping. Seems to misbehave a different way each day so I'm giving it a bit more time.
Haha 1 week from US to UK and my forwarding service says it still hasn't arrive in their US warehouse. They are shady Oooo shady. Thanks for the info, will contact them again today.

About your light, from what you described, it looks like a hardware defect. Does the lights changes by itself if you shake the tablet violently or whack it a wee bit?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:09 PM   #25
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

crumbs... the forwarder replied

"the seller cancelled our order, but we have successfully ordered it again"

O_o

anyway, if any indonesian reading this, the forwarding service is : hargadunia.com
if you are planning to use them... beware.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #26
carltonbp
Connoisseur

No I've tried waving it, tapping it, it happens when it's perfectly still.

Night 1 occasional flickering and changing to cool about 3-4 times which required me to go to settings to warm it up
Night 2 lights went off on average every 15 mins
Night 3 no issues, perfect
Night 4 Couple of flickers
Night 5 (last night) no flickering but changed to cool once.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:24 PM   #27
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

Quote:
No I've tried waving it, tapping it, it happens when it's perfectly still.

Night 1 occasional flickering and changing to cool about 3-4 times which required me to go to settings to warm it up
Night 2 lights went off on average every 15 mins
Night 3 no issues, perfect
Night 4 Couple of flickers
Night 5 (last night) no flickering but changed to cool once.

Hmm i wonder, whats the catlog / logcat when thats happening.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:17 PM   #28
carltonbp
Connoisseur

No idea, I'll have a look at settings later to see if I can see the logs but I doubt it unless there's another way?. You can't even change the buttons around, top is back bottom is forward and that's it.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:58 AM   #29
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

Quote:
No idea, I'll have a look at settings later to see if I can see the logs but I doubt it unless there's another way?. You can't even change the buttons around, top is back bottom is forward and that's it.

What inkbook says about your issue?

Btw my order has gone thru and maybe will arrive in a month or two.

I'll share my view of it here and if I got some bugs I'll try debugging it. If I can get it rooted.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:35 AM   #30
carltonbp
Connoisseur

The screen light has started behaving so that's good. Been about 4 days no issues. I've added my own fonts which helps a bit with the font sizes but there really needs to be more options. I'm hoping there will be something in the update. I haven't got perfect eyesight but the smallest font is still too big.

Help did say these apps work with it but I haven't tried them. youboox.fr, skoobe.de. I tried about 8 via apk pure, some crashed, some barely worked and those that worked didn't work with the page turn buttons.

I'd love the onyx boox firmware from my i86mlplus on these reader. Then it would be perfect.