Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Set Cover from PDF/cancel resets cover

I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Today I was resetting some covers in the Calibre main window, and had an issue when setting the cover from a PDF file. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen or it's just me (I always seem to have the weird or one off issues-)

I was using the Calibre main window, and right clicking on the PDF file in the book details, choosing "Set the book cover from the PDF file". I only had a PDF and PDB file for this book. The PDB didn't have any cover so I tried the PDF file. When I choose to set the cover from the PDF file, the possible covers were displayed (they were all text). You are then to choose your cover, and click ok. Today I chose CANCEL, instead, because I liked what I had better than what was in the PDF. Calibre, instead of leaving the cover the way it was, reset the cover to a blank default. I expected that when I chose cancel, the cover would be left alone.

Am I missing something, or is Calibre doing something that's only happening with me or is this by design? I know when choosing the set the cover from the main window that you automatically get what's in the file if there is something there, or an error stating that no cover is there. The PDF format is the only format where you get 'multiple choice' for choosing a cover. I just didn't expect when choosing cancel for Calibre to change anything.
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a bug, fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's a bug, fixed in the next release.
Thank you so much!
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote