Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
kyera
kyera has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/Kobo Mini
Kindle Paperwhite Help - Won't Recognize on Kindle for PC (+Calibre/collections prob)

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I searched for a while and couldn't figure out an answer.

I recently downloaded the Kindle for PC onto my computer and it doesn't recognize that my Kindle is plugged in. My computer recognizes it, Calibre does, but the software doesn't.

(I'm aware this might not be possible, but I was thinking that it could be because of the plug-in.>>) I also just want to organize my collections more easily than the way you do on the Kindle itself. I know there is a plug-in on Calibre, but I haven't exactly figured out how to work with it and you can do it on the Kindle for PC software, but it's not exactly any easier. Advice or maybe explaining how downloading then organizing the collections on Calibre works? Thanks!

Last edited by kyera; 08-09-2015 at 08:07 PM.
kyera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyera View Post
I recently downloaded the Kindle for PC onto my computer and it doesn't recognize that my Kindle is plugged in. My computer recognizes it, Calibre does, but the software doesn't.
Kindle for PC is for reading your books on your PC it doesn't interface with Kindle devices in any way.

Calibre only works with Paperwhite collections on rooted devices.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
kyera
kyera has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Kindle for PC is for reading your books on your PC it doesn't interface with Kindle devices in any way.
Okay, so the "Remove from Device" and "Import Collection"-> "Select Device" are referring to what device..?
kyera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyera View Post
Okay, so the "Remove from Device" and "Import Collection"-> "Select Device" are referring to what device..?
The "device" is your PC. Import collections--->Select device lets you import collections from the Kindle cloud as used on a listed device to use on Kindle 4 PC.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 08-09-2015 at 08:49 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, collections, kindle for pc, kindle paperwhite