Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-23-2018, 07:52 AM   #16591
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Kobo has finally added a Wishlist feature
And it isn't syncing with the one that's been on Kobos for a while now.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #16592
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
And it isn't syncing with the one that's been on Kobos for a while now.
Kobo have rebuilt the Wishlist. Unfortunately, they've had a delay in the firmware update that matches the store update. But, other than "fairly soon", I can't say when it will be out.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #16593
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kobo have rebuilt the Wishlist. Unfortunately, they've had a delay in the firmware update that matches the store update. But, other than "fairly soon", I can't say when it will be out.
Thanks. Good to know they will sync eventually.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:25 AM   #16594
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Thanks. Good to know they will sync eventually.
My "fairly soon" turned out to be about two hours I was thinking some time this week, not some time that night.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #16595
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Kobo is having an up to 90% off Spring sale. No code necessary. A better-then-average selection.

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/spring18
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2018, 10:17 PM   #16596
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kobo US is having an "under $1" sale through May 7. I spotted a few titles that are not the totally usual titles that Kobo puts on sale, so it was of more interest than normal for me.

I listed some of the mysteries I spotted in the sale in this post in the Mystery thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3690523

Link to the sale page: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/99sale18

Oh yeah, there are also other categories: Historical Fiction, Contemporary Romance, Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror, Fiction, Thrillers, Romantic Suspense, Cozy Mystery (although I seriously question The King of Shanghai in this category ), Bio and Memoir, Romance/Steamy, Non-Fiction and Kids/YA.

Last edited by sufue; 05-04-2018 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added other categories
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:21 PM   #16597
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Did anyone else do the mother's day promotion "Your mom is 1 in a million" where you egift $50 or more and then receive 4000 super points yourself (promotion in Canada, Australia and New Zealand from 1 - 13 May). The super points were to be awarded within 48 hours.

Still waiting.... have contacted customer support (I hate their help section btw)
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:28 AM   #16598
BooksCatsPandas
BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Cadele, I purchased a $50 eGift card on May 2 (the second day of the promotion) and so far the bonus points have not appeared in my account. Is it possible they meant “within 48 hours after the promotion ends”? It’s Kobo, so who knows.
BooksCatsPandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:45 PM   #16599
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooksCatsPandas View Post
Cadele, I purchased a $50 eGift card on May 2 (the second day of the promotion) and so far the bonus points have not appeared in my account. Is it possible they meant “within 48 hours after the promotion ends”? It’s Kobo, so who knows.
Hi BooksCatsPandas. I ended up sorting it out via chat. The email thing never works for me with Kobo.

I had to send them a screenshot of the promotion offer (which fortunately I had taken after I had been burnt once before with one of their promotions) and then they manually added the points for me.

I would suggest using the link in their email to bring up the promotion page (doesn't show on their front page any more) and then screenshot it. I would then contact them about the points - unless you are happy to wait until 2 days after the promo period to see.

Just a further note, when they had added my points the new balance did not automatically display even after logging in and out I had to click the SuperPoints drop down link on the front page after logging in and then they appeared. This necessitated a further chat before I figured it out

I think Kobo need to be clearer in their promotion T&Cs about exact time periods. I also think that any promotion rewards should be automatically provided as soon as the purchase takes place (when it is a single use offer). YMMV.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #16600
BooksCatsPandas
BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.BooksCatsPandas is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi cadele. I waited until the promo period ended and still no bonus SuperPoints. The waiting was due more to laziness on my part than to any actual expectation of having the points magically appear in my account after the promo ended. I was encouraged by your positive experience though, and finally decided to give Kobo Customer Care a whirl this afternoon.

This was my first time dealing with Kobo Customer Care and I have to say that my experience was a positive one. I chose to phone rather than use the chat and in less than 3 minutes there was a Customer Service rep on the line to hear my complaint. He quickly added the points manually and waited on the line while I verified that I had received them.

Your tip about the SuperPoints drop down link proved to be a good one. When I first signed in the extra points weren't there and I was just about to tell the agent so when I remembered what you had said, clicked the drop down link and presto, there they were.

I really appreciate your advice and encouragement, cadele.
BooksCatsPandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #16601
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post
Did anyone else do the mother's day promotion "Your mom is 1 in a million" where you egift $50 or more and then receive 4000 super points yourself (promotion in Canada, Australia and New Zealand from 1 - 13 May). The super points were to be awarded within 48 hours.
LE GASP! Kobo actually awarded my points into my account!
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #16602
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kobo US is having a Memorial Day sale with titles under $4.99 (but many a lot less) across several genres:
  • Fiction
  • Mystery & Detective
  • Romance
  • Suspence & Thriller
  • Science Fiction & Fantasy
  • Contemporary Fiction
  • Historical Romance
  • Literary Fiction
  • Historical Fiction
  • Biography & Memoir
  • Nonfiction
  • Young Adult
  • Food & Drink
  • Comics & Graphic Novels
  • Kids
I took a detailed look at the Mystery & Detective section - my highly individualized list of titles I thought were interesting (or at least recognized the author ) is here in the Mystery thread. YMMV...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #16603
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Block out the sun with these beach-ready reads

UP TO 90% OFF: Offer is valid for select eBook purchases from this page. Offer valid from May 31, 2018 at 12:00 AM EST through June 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time without notice.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:31 PM   #16604
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Kobo VIP $5 membership

VIP2SZGZB
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #16605
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Yes, I'm getting those too. More VIP for $5 coupons:

VIPPUQ9TP
VIP5HD253
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals