Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2017 View Post
Thanks knc1 for the reply. In my case, it is not jail broken and firmware version is 5.8.9 :-(
Any other way to make a catalog like this?
My device is paperwhite 7th generation.
Yes, it should be possible to create an HTML page that shows the structure of your book collections (with clickable links).
It need not be jail broken if built on your pc and then just the page file moved to Kindle (like moving a book).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #17
ash2017
ash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you knc1. I did that, but in the browser when I click a link, it offers me to save it again. My idea is to, make an ebook, which will open a linked book in the same window.
ash2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2017 View Post
Thank you knc1. I did that, but in the browser when I click a link, it offers me to save it again. My idea is to, make an ebook, which will open a linked book in the same window.
You need a booklet to do that (the 'main' screen of the Kindle is also a booklet).

KPVbooklet is open source, clone the repository and read how it does its thing.
The KUAL booklet is based on KPVbooklet.
Although most of it is readable SQL command scripting.

(It updates the device's database(s) to determine what application to use to display document types.)

You will have to jailbreak the device before can run your own booklet.
Which is one of the reasons I was suggesting an html solution (this thread is about using the browser, not about using the Java system).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:36 PM   #19
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
I will say that the HTML browser renderign a book I have is really awful.

It might be useful for like serial fiction ( like fanfiction downloaded 1 chapter at a time ), but there's no scroll memory, and not a whole lot of formatting.

On the one book I tried, the chapter links didn't work either.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:10 AM   #20
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Yeah, I'll put it in the thread, because it doesn't look like it's out there yet:

if you put an html document in the root folder, you can navigate to it at
file:///mnt/us/index.html.

If you put a link to the system root in that document, you can get there, and it will list the directories.
Code:
<a href="/">FS Root</a>
If you click that link, the title bar of the browser changes to "OMG!", and you can follow the directory path, without errors.

Not all folders are available though, for example "/usr/bin" is not available, but "/usr/java/lib/fonts" is, which isn't too useful.

I have not yet tried putting in an href to one of the folders that doesn't shop up on the list, if anyone wants to try.

one problem, is that you cannot use the back button, because that correctly triggers the protections, same as if you had tried to put /etc into the address bar manually.

I wonder if Javascript and a frame could be used to take care of that issue.
Does this work yet?

Can navigate to /mnt/us but opening local html files is not possible!

Coz a PW2(9017) running fw 5.7.4 refuses to open up local html files in /mnt/us. Simply says that problem loading page. Even upon multiple reloading!

Is this a user specific problem?
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:37 PM   #21
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by baalajimaestro View Post
Does this work yet?

Can navigate to /mnt/us but opening local html files is not possible!

Coz a PW2(9017) running fw 5.7.4 refuses to open up local html files in /mnt/us. Simply says that problem loading page. Even upon multiple reloading!

Is this a user specific problem?
"Does this work yet?" - Is what working yet? This thread is for us to describe interesting things that we each find in the browser, so that we may all find something fun. Maybe even find a way to jailbreak if there are bugs in the program that we can find.

"Can navigate to /mnt/us but opening local html files is not possible!" - How did you get to /mnt/us in the first place if you couldn't use a local html file? the post I put talking about having an html file at /mnt/us/index.html, if you are using that, then clearly HTML files DO work.

"Coz a PW2(9017) running fw 5.7.4 refuses to open up local html files in /mnt/us. Simply says that problem loading page. Even upon multiple reloading!" Can you put a screenshot of this, including the URL of the page that fails to load?

"Is this a user specific problem?" - It could be, I also only have a PW3 on version 5.8.2, I dont know a lot of the differences between that and 5.7.4
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:49 AM   #22
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
@coplate: I don't know how, but it worked when i tried now! Thank you!
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, html