Notices

Old 02-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
Rahula
Rahula began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Device broken - no recovery mode

[Edited - MODERATOR]

Hello,

I tried to find solutions on this wiki but did not find any. All that I read supposed a way to access the PRS-T1 remotely.
I did a rupor root (I cannot remember which firmware, I think 1.04) and I augmented my partition size using the kamikaze way (as described in the wiki). Then, all went smoothly for a while and all of a sudden, over a year ago, it just got stucked (showing "Opening book" with an empty progress bar) and random reboots that the device does mainly when it is charging. There is a yellow blinking light on startup and then it stops.
I tried to use rupor-rescue to access it remotely but, as the progress bar is never filled, it is pretty doomed.
What can I do ? Please help me, this is an expensive machine to replace.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-18-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Rahula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
The blinking yellow led is usually a sign that the device is reading the sd card I assume you have tried all the usual things? like making sure it is fully charged ... taking the sd card out etc.... it's probably redundant to mention this but this is what you risk by rooting.. I bought a cheap android tablet that does all the tablet things (games etc) and leaves my T1 as a reader as it was designed.. but it .sounds like you have trashed the firmware... therei s info elsewhere on this board about doing a complete hard reset/reloading firmware.. good luck
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
painless procedure so far. sony e-mailed me return instructions, to a freepost address, so the T3 is now in the post to them.
they stressed that proof of purchase is needed for in-guarantee repairs but sony store had downloadable copy of my invoice.

So it's wait & see time now.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote