Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of the current MobileRead Logo
I love it, it must never be changed, my personal world would fall off its axis! 1 1.08%
It's fine the way it is. 8 8.60%
I'd kinda like to see something else. 72 77.42%
I hate it as I hate roaches, as I loathe the scum growing inside disused toilets, as .... 7 7.53%
*I* would like to design a new one! I'll attach it below when I get something! 5 5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #31
Mycropht
Optimist
Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Would someone with an art gene try to draw a jeans pocket with upper half of something resembling an e-book reader (e.g. like Sony) - the lower half being inside the pocket? I would try to draw it myself, but then I would need even more text to explain what it actually is. No drawing talent. Zilch. )
Mycropht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #32
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
change the logo? never! we will fight on the streets, we will fight from the hills, we will break for lunch

the current logo is so steampunk
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Huh. Steampunk, now there's an idea!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #34
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Keep in mind that I have exactly zero artistic talent, but here's a quick Photoshop mock-up of what I was talking about.

jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #35
mercury7
mercury7 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Ha, I wouldn't call that "zero artistic talent". It's a fine start!
mercury7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #36
Wis
Weasel
Wis began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Brainstorming

I like the idea with the binary bubble from jasonkchapman, maybe i will snitch it for another try.

Mhm I don't know if the arrows add to much detail?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	micro50.gif
Views:	413
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	5077  
Attached Images

Wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #37
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis View Post
I like the idea with the binary bubble from jasonkchapman, maybe i will snitch it for another try.

Mhm I don't know if the arrows add to much detail?

I like it - what about removing the text from the middle and adding it to the right hand side or just removing the text altogether? Just a thought
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:20 AM   #38
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
Keep in mind that I have exactly zero artistic talent, but here's a quick Photoshop mock-up of what I was talking about.

Not bad, what if you reverse it. fill the book with small 1 and 0's and where you have the magnifying glass, you see text.
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:50 AM   #39
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

More grist for the mill.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #40
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
More grist for the mill.

First I thought of a crypto code; but then I understood the meaning of turning binary data into text. Cool idea!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #41
jasonkchapman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Cool idea!
The hat tip goes to DeGodefroi. I was riffing on the idea of turning the text/bits thing the other way around.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #42
jasonkchapman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis View Post
maybe i will snitch it for another try.
Please do. I'm thinking of this as a visual brainstorming session.

I like the "circuit trace" look on yours. Combining that with the text/bits bubble might look really good.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #43
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:

I like both.
Although if it were possible to combine a book from the first logo with binaries from the second logo where you can see letters through mag. glass...it would be even coller
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #44
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

Some interesting ideas are coming out. This one, for example, has a nice clean look and sort of reminds me of the "Intel Inside" idea except it's a book that's "digital inside". The other variations also have brought out some new angles to think about. Keep 'em coming!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #45
Wis
Weasel
Wis began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Maybe we could make a wikipage for the pictures? That would make comparison and discussion of seperate ideas easier, I think.
Wis is offline   Reply With Quote