Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-08-2007, 11:17 PM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've noticed a bug in the upgraded forum. Occationally when it goes to a new page the page will display blank. But when I refresh, it displays fine. I'm using the latest Firefox.

Jon
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:58 AM   #62
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharris View Post
When I view MobileRead's feed in bloglines, the images attached to the posts are not showing up. Instead I'm seeing the path of the image. Something like this:

(emphasis on url added by me)

I had added MobileRead to my subscriptions just shortly before this migration, so my memory may be misleading me.

Should I be seeing the images?
Hi dharris. You should definitely see the images. I am also using Bloglines and I can see the images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bloglines.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	3885

When you signed up for the feed, Bloglines has different display settings. (Default - checked, Complete Entries, Summaries if Available, Titles). Can you try to change it to Complete Entries perhaps?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #63
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've noticed a bug in the upgraded forum. Occationally when it goes to a new page the page will display blank. But when I refresh, it displays fine. I'm using the latest Firefox.

Jon
Thanks for the report, Jon. I have a guess that it's related to the php opcode cache (APC) we are using. It's very hard to debug because of its random nature, but I am working on it.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:01 AM   #64
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I think Alex was looking ahead to when folks have created and uploaded books for other formats/devices too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Good point: If I decided to convert Metropolis to other formats besides LRF (like for eReader, iSilo, MobiPocket, and MS Reader), where would I put them, guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Could we get a menu bar at the bottom of the page with the "User CP" etc on it? I find myself scrolling back to the top a lot as I read through new posts.

While I'm on the subject of the menu bar, I'm wondering why the E-Books link is the second item there, when it only has books for Sony?
Thanks for reminding me guys. Yes, we'll add another upload section shortly (in a couple of days) for other non-Sony Reader devices.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #65
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll get the other formats for Metropolis ready!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #66
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome View Post
Also, it does not seem the front page gives you a popup when you have a new PM any more, it would be nice if the "X unread message!" link that shows at the top was made to stand out in some way, bolded red for example.
The popup is back (if you enabled it under options in your user control panel).
Old 06-09-2007, 02:31 PM   #67
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I'll get the other formats for Metropolis ready!
Wonderful!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #68
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Ok, I think I've isolated the bug I've run into enough to be able to duplicate it, though it wasn't on purpose.

Problem: Reply is dumped when quoting a response.

Details: Generally this happens when I click on "Quote," type my response and, at the end, add "Smiles." On prior accurance the entire response was dumped and only part of the original quote was kept. Just a few minutes ago it dumped the entire response again and left the quote intact, but prompted me with the message "Response is too short." I pasted what I had typed again, and it did the same thing on two additional attempts. When I tried again the fourth time, I chopped off the quote and it posted properly, so I had to re-edit the post to include the quote. This has happened to me on several occassions, so I've gotten pretty good at saving my response before clicking submit.

OS Specs: Windows XP MCE SP2, IE 7.0.5730.11, ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.0, AVG Antivirus 7.5.472

BTW Is it me, or does this "not" look like two thumbs up? ->

Last edited by Azayzel; 06-09-2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Ok, dumped most of that post too. So probably not related to quotes, perhaps it's the smileys?
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #69
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I don't know if this helps (especially at this point), but in the past on the old version if I lost my reply text, I was often pleasantly surprised to find it was nicely recoverable if I used the "Back" arrow on the browser.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:46 AM   #70
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:

Jon
FIXED. This one was a PITA to locate! The blank screens were caused by a bug in the updated forum software we're using. In particular, a plugin that was executed via a cronjob (thus the "random" nature of this bug) would output raw HTML causing all subsequent HTML output requests to fail ... Since the script was only executed every 10 minutes or so, once it was executed, a browser refresh was all that was required to solve the problem. Anyways, no more blank screens from here...
Old 06-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #71
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hooray!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know if this is a bug or I'm not reading it correctly...

When I click the multi-quote this message button and then click quote, all the quotes in the message no longer show up. I would like to be able to quote a message and have the quotes show up as well as the original message.

Jon
Old 06-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #73
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's not a new change, the old system did the same thing. It would be cool if it worked the way you're describing, though.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #74
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

From what I understand, the reason why this is not done the way you describe it, Jon, is to avoid quotes being too nested.

I'll see if there is something to tweak this "feature".

Quote:
I don't know if this is a bug or I'm not reading it correctly...

When I click the multi-quote this message button and then click quote, all the quotes in the message no longer show up. I would like to be able to quote a message and have the quotes show up as well as the original message.

Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
That's not a new change, the old system did the same thing. It would be cool if it worked the way you're describing, though.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Wonderful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
From what I understand, the reason why this is not done the way you describe it, Jon, is to avoid quotes being too nested.

I'll see if there is something to tweak this "feature".
So what does the multi-quote button next to the quote message button actually do?