Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
rupertbear
rupertbear began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
E-Mail Problem

This isn't a recipe problem, but this seemed the best place to post.

I have used Calibre to download the UK Guardian/Observer and e-mail it to my Kindle, with few problems, for a considerable time.

I now have a new PC, so started from scratch to install and configure Calibre once more.

It now successfully downloads but does not e-mail the files. If I manually select an issue and tell it to e-mail to my Kindle, it works fine. I have the 'auto send' box ticked for both the Kindle and an Android tablet. There are no Fail entries in the Job list, so it presumably isn't trying at all.

Any suggestions welcomed.
rupertbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have the MOBI format in the list of formats int he email preferences for the email address you are trying to auto send?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
rupertbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You have the MOBI format in the list of formats int he email preferences for the email address you are trying to auto send?
Thanks for the reply.

Yes. The recipe produces EPUB, I have MOBI only in the 'sharing by e-mail' preferences. When I manually send an issue to my Kindle, I can watch it convert before sending.

Is this conversion the culprit?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, you have to set your output format to mobi
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
rupertbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, you have to set your output format to mobi
All OK now, thanks. I was concentrating too much at the download and e-mail, needed to look at the whole thing.
Advert