Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
DenverDad
DenverDad began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Sound/Volume

I bought my wife a Nook Color for Christmas. Once I downloaded the latest software version, most of my problems went away except for one. The sound volume is so low you can barely hear it. The volume is turned all the way up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
DenverDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
The speaker in the NC is not very good, plus it's on the back. When I got mine a couple of years ago, I bought one of THESE and it's worked out great. The little thing can go forever without a charge and has worked perfectly.

I'm pretty sure I didn't pay more than about $15, so it must have been on sale.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
DenverDad
DenverDad began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
The speaker in the NC is not very good, plus it's on the back. When I got mine a couple of years ago, I bought one of THESE and it's worked out great. The little thing can go forever without a charge and has worked perfectly.

I'm pretty sure I didn't pay more than about $15, so it must have been on sale.
That's too bad that the device has such a bad flaw, but I appreciate your suggestion. I'll look into it. Thanks for your reply.
DenverDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
You're welcome Besides an external speaker or headphones, I don't think there's much we can really do to fix it. When I first got my NC, I thought all e-readers were that way. Then I bought a back-up e-reader at less than half the price that just happens to have great audio volume and realized it's just a flaw in the NC. Fixable, though, and that little speaker is just the cutest thing! I got one for the Nook I gave to my sister, too.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I was pretty shocked by the NC's audio output, too, when I first got it a couple years ago. If you plan to root or run a custom ROM (CyanogenMod 10, Android Jellybean, runs great on the NC), you'll be able to boost the audio a bit, but there's only so much you can do. Even output through the headphone jack is weak compared to most phones and mp3 players I've had.

I recently gave away my NC after picking up a Nook HD+, and the speaker output on this thing is much better than the NC, but still inadequate for watching a movie in anything but a silent room :/ It would almost have been worth going with a Kindle 8.9" just for the better speakers, but it is adequate to my one use for the speaker: bedtime audiobooks.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert