Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
DNT
DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Vietnamese fonts

Hi all,

I'm ecstatic that I finally got a Glo. As I'm typing it's sitting on my table mocking me. I can't get it to read my Vietnamese epubs. I think it's a problem with the fonts. It'd be great if someone can point me to some fonts that work. Many thanks!

DNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Maybe this site could help you: http://vietunicode.sourceforge.net/
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Have you tried the built-in 'Kobo Nickel' font? That looks as if it contains some special Vietnamese characters.

If you want to sideload your own, I believe CharisSIL also supports the Vietnamese code page. This is freely and legally available if you google it.

I don't read Vietnamese so I can't be 100% certain
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote