Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #481
zacclay
zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Well lets say YES and NO.

YES... because sure you COULD put the image on an SD card

NO... because it would not work.

Also these are not images but rather (in effect) zip files that contain files that a script on the kobo uses to replace files on itself, and not an image that overwrites the entire card.
Thanks, I need to restore my original Kobo WiFi, and I've hit a wall because all the download links for the old SD restore images are dead, do you have any idea where I could find it?
zacclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #482
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If I feel brave later on I will open my WiFi and make an image...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #483
zacclay
zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If I feel brave later on I will open my WiFi and make an image...
You would definitely be in my top 10 favorite people if you did that
Old 08-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #484
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I have a disk image of my Kobo Wifi. I've sent you a PM with a link to it, zacclay.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #485
zacclay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I have a disk image of my Kobo Wifi. I've sent you a PM with a link to it, zacclay.
Thanks so much!
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #486
zacclay

So I tried using the image provided by KevinShort and this is what happened:

I can write the image to the 2gb mirco sd if it truncates the image ever so slightly, for some reason that image takes up about 2,000 more sectors than there is on my card.

I also wrote that image to a 16gb micro SD with no luck.

When I put the original 2gb micro SD in and try to boot the device, the screen flashes and then just sits on this screen no matter what, even if the SD card is formatted or has the slightly truncated image on it. http://i.imgur.com/e9PZw1a.jpg

But when I put the 16gb micro SD in, formatted, or with the full image written to it, nothing happens, I can't get the screen to flash or anything.

Also, with either micro SD card in, if I plug it to the pc via USB, the device manager tells me "SE Blank RINGO" is attached.

I don't know if any of that makes any sense or if just means I have a paperweight with a circuit board.

Any help at all would be appreciated!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #487
zacclay

Actually got it back up and running! Thanks for all your help!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #488
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi Guys,

Do you know when FW 2.8.2 (or higher) will go out ? Is there a fix in this FW about "delete bookmarks on main memory" ?

Last edited by akorx; 09-12-2013 at 07:36 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #489
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi Guys,

Do you know when FW 2.8.2 (or higher) will go out ? Is there a fix in this FW about "delete bookmarks on main memory" ?
Since Kobo is releasing a new ereader in the next couple of weeks, I'd expect the new firmware to be released around the same time.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #490
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Is there a fix in this FW about "delete bookmarks on main memory" ?
I've encountered that bug and have generally been able to work around it. From my experience, bookmark removal seems to be tied to reading progress. That is, if all I try to do is remove the bookmark, it fails, but if I remove the bookmark and read a few more pages, it works.

It's still a bug that needs fixed, of course - it's just not a showstopper.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #491
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys, it's again the little french... I just want to congratulate the great add-on developed by Yoq (with help of kevinshort) that you can see here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...212162&page=14

Firstly it's very useful at night and secondly, with this parameter refreshScreenPages=90, I've noticed that the life of battery is very increased (maybe the reason is the fact that screen is refreshed every 90 pages turned, yet I read with LED on (how do you say this in english : "leds running, leds on" ?). I've read 15h and my battery is again at 96% !!!

# config file for kobo-nightmode

[state]
invertActive = yes
retainStateOverRestart = yes

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 400

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 90

Last edited by akorx; 09-14-2013 at 05:03 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #492
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
So I've just received my brand new Aura. I updated right away and now this is the firmware:
2.9.0 (042df55f04, 9/15/13)

I'll be back in a few hours to give my impressions.

This is from Aura NEW Kobo Aura Impressions Thread!....anyone have a URL?
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #493
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'd say hold on to your horses. Kobo is still tweaking the UI for other devices, so I really wouldn't go for it yet.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #494
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I agree with Peter on this. In fact, I'd go further and say that 2.9 is the FW that had to be released because the new devices were shipping. I see it as, urmmm, transitional (at least for the older devices).

Last edited by taming; 09-17-2013 at 08:18 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #495
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I agree with Peter on this. In fact, I'd go further and say that 2.9 is the FW that had to be released because the new devices were shipping. I see it as, urmmm, transitional (at least for the older devices).
So perhaps 2.91 as the firmware version we are waiting for?

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote