Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Setting default output to azw3 instead of mobi

Is there a way to do this? I even re-ran the startup wizard, setting it to paperwhite (which is what I have), and it still defaulted to mobi. When I convert a book, I CAN select azw3, but I want it defaulted (no need to select). Is this possible, and if so, how?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Is there a way to do this? I even re-ran the startup wizard, setting it to paperwhite (which is what I have), and it still defaulted to mobi. When I convert a book, I CAN select azw3, but I want it defaulted (no need to select). Is this possible, and if so, how?
one way (without device being connected needed)
Preferences: Plugins: Device Output drivers: <your brand-model>:

Ticks say what formats are allowed.
The ORDER, says which (if exists) to prefer to send.
If there are NO existing formats of the book TICKED, a Conversion will be started.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Behavior
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Preferences->Behavior
Bah. Right in front of me. THanks, Kovid. (And thanks theducks for your idea).
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote