Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
If only programming was that simple I would be a programmer making minimum wage.
Simple, I don't know, minimum wage yes (I sadly know )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #32
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hi Everyone - thanks Peter for setting up this thread and thanks everyone for your feedback.

It seems like the feedback falls into two camps:
- Making it easier to use discount codes, which can be tricky and a number of people have identified the pains here.
- Grouping of credit card transactions to avoid processor issues (i.e. flagging cards for Fraud, etc)

Group of credit card transactions is something we see alot of retailers doing - Apple, for example does that with iTunes, and is something I think would solve many of our issues here.

JC
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #33
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
I was surprised to find out today that Amazon's Kindle store doesn't allow ebooks to go into your shopping basket either. So it's either three separate payments or a gift voucher.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #34
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Like so many have mentioned here I am irked with each and every book having to go through as individual purchase. Same when using the Kindle store, while I can buy via store credit/gift voucher to avoid a lot of smaller charges going through onto a card individually it can still be annoying.

More than anything it is easy to loose track of credit balance as every book is a separate charge, keeping on top of the budget is easier if I can group books together. So I don't accidentally over step my budget and begin charging to my bank without meaning to. This happened when my apple account was hacked last year.

The hacker used up my credit and then charged over £100 more to my bank even though I had removed my card from my account more than a year beforehand and it didn't trigger any warning bells despite me never spending more than four or five pounds at any time in the years previously let alone a total of over £150 total within 48 hour time frame.

I would have caught it sooner but apple don't send out confirmation emails immediately and often it takes until 72 hours after purchase so I didn't know anything had been bought/downloaded using my account until after the hacker had went on a big spending spree.

Luckily enough both Amazon and Kobo confirm almost instantly so I can catch any possible fraud quickly and contact merchant before a hacker can build up a large bill on my name so that's one things I don't have to worry about. But that's beside the point and sorry for going a bit for a moment.

Ordering by basket and not individual books helps me keep track more easily my book budget. Also I know some banks either levy charges for each transaction including those who pay in a different currency that their own, or like mentioned but I haven't so far come across myself become flagged as suspicious causing your card/account to become unusable while you verify that it was you using your card not a hacker/fraudster. Must be a real pain for those it happens to.

But to cut to the chase I would like to combine book purchases together in a basket for putting through in one order for more than one reason.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #35
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I had such issue : bought some books after having bought my Kobo touch, one at a time and so on. My CC didn't get flagged, but my bank took fee for "buy outside euro zone" (though I paid in euros). I bought my kobo touch from la FNAC being said that Kobo's catalog and FNAC's where nowadays the same one (due to partnership between them) and I logg to Kobo website with my FNAC account (I read mostly english books). I wanted an other book, but not wanting to pay fees, I search the FNAC website (search it, it's largely worst than Kobo's : that's possible ) after the most painfull process, I found it... as a paper book

I send a mail to the consummer service of the FNAC website and waited, waited, waited. Yesterday (more than a week after), I had an answer : they have discover that the Kobo website is set in Canada and that is why my bank charges my with fees But if I send my bank account statement, I'll be given back the fees... So, am I to give it to them every month ? I use to buy some books every month (keeping my budget tight). I find it crazy...
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #36
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Hi JC. Thanks for stopping by and contributing.

Here is my wishlist.

1. Shopping cart. It is certainly possible to have multiple discount codes for different books in a single shopping cart. Smashwords does this.

2. Wishlist. While I am aware that items can be added to the library, I now have over 100 books in my library and there is no way to sort for items not yet purchased.

Thanks,
Jehane
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #37
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
Hi JC. Thanks for stopping by and contributing.

1. Shopping cart. It is certainly possible to have multiple discount codes for different books in a single shopping cart. Smashwords does this.
I agree completely, while a absolutely hate trying to find ebooks I might like given the set-up/layout of Smashwords itself I do like their basket, coupons and check out procedure.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote