Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #6211
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've contacted Audible via chat. If you're already a member, you can gift a membership to yourself. As Issybird noted, your existing membership continues as is, so what you're buying is 12 credits, not a year's membership. The 12 up-front credits have a two-year expiration date (as long as you're a member, of course).

I'm probably going to go for it, though I'll wait till after Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if there's some other deal then.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #6212
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I've contacted Audible via chat. If you're already a member, you can gift a membership to yourself. As Issybird noted, your existing membership continues as is, so what you're buying is 12 credits, not a year's membership. The 12 up-front credits have a two-year expiration date (as long as you're a member, of course).

I'm probably going to go for it, though I'll wait till after Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if there's some other deal then.
Thanks for calling and getting it clarified
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:20 PM   #6213
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I thought about doing it.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:30 AM   #6214
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Sorry if this is posted, but I checked page 1 and didn't see it.

50% off for 4 months on Audible.co.uk -- exp 13 Dec @ 11:59pm GMT

I just did this from the US. 3.99 pounds for each month was what it said. That converts to less than $6 a month, so cheaper than the deal listed that starts Monday. ($5.18 to be precise).

As for a link, I think the one I have has an affiliate so I can't post it, and I don't know how to take it out.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: added link & exp date
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:23 AM   #6215
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Sorry if this is posted, but I checked page 1 and didn't see it.

50% off for 4 months on Audible.co.uk

I just did this from the US. 3.99 pounds for each month was what it said. That converts to less than $6 a month, so cheaper than the deal listed that starts Monday. ($5.18 to be precise).

As for a link, I think the one I have has an affiliate so I can't post it, and I don't know how to take it out.
Thanks for catching this offer

Go ahead and post the link and I'll clean it up.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #6216
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT

* The Pigeon Tunnel: Stories from My Life
Old 11-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #6217
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 20 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT

* Dutch Girl: Audrey Hepburn and World War II
Old 11-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #6218
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp 25 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT
  • $1.99 -- The Art of War -- Sun Tzu/ Simon Vance -- 2.1 hrs -- NF history
Quote:
Rental Only

The words held within these pages, written over two and a half thousand years ago, ring just as true today as they did in fifth century BC China. Bestselling author and master storyteller James Clavell (Shōgun) brought The Art of War to greater prominence in the West in the 1980s and showed how the book’s instruction was applicable on a smaller scale and could be used for personal betterment. Clavell’s wonderfully evocative foreword and helpful notes throughout the text guide the reader through preparations and battle plans, correct use of weapons and knowing when to fight—and when not to fight.

With a deep understanding of both strategy and human nature, this military treatise illustrates the fine craft of knowing one’s enemy and oneself. From military officers to CEOs to those simply looking to be more powerful in their own life, The Art of War has become required reading for anyone seeking a path of success through the modern world.
Rental FAQ
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    When does my rental period begin?

Your rental timer will begin counting down when you first initiate the download on your device or 10 days after purchase, whichever comes first.
    Quote:
    How long can I listen to a title?

All digital rentals provide a minimum of 30 days to listen to a book from the time you initiate your first download. With some of our longer books, such as Atlas Shrugged (63hrs), we extend the listening period to 60 days. You do have the option of purchasing a 5, 10, or 20 day extension after you have made your rental purchase.
    Quote:
    How many times can I listen to my rental?

You may listen to a rental as many times as you would like until it expires.
    Quote:
    Can I extend my rental time period?

Once you are logged into your Downpour.com account, you can purchase a time extension for any of your previous rentals via THIS link. After clicking “Extend Rental,” you have the option of purchasing a 5-day ($1.95), 10-day ($2.95) or 20-day ($4.95) extension. If your rental has not yet expired, the purchased time will be added onto your rental. (Example: if your rental has one day remaining, and you purchase a five-day extension, you will now have six days total before your rental expires.) If your rental has already expired, the extension will allow you to listen to your book again for the amount of time purchased.
    Quote:
    Can I have the same rental on more than one device?

You may listen to your audiobook rental on as many personal devices as you own. Your rental time will be synced across all devices on which you have installed the Downpour app.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #6219
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Link for UK Audible Promo

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: cleaned up link
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #6220
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Libro.fm -- Monthly Offer -- exp 30 Nov
Quote:
Welcome to the Kiss Club! Each month we feature great romance audiobooks for only $3.99 each. It’s free to join and there is no monthly commitment!
Old 11-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #6221
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible Originals -- Pre-Orders -- exp 05 Dec @ 7:59 PM ET

FREE -- Pre-Orders for Dec -- members only

The following books will be next month's picks for Audible Originals. You can download all of them for free up until they lose their pre-order status. Once that happens, you'll only be allowed to download two of them for free.

Quote:
Members pick two every month—no credits needed. A new selection will be available on the first Friday of every month.
Quote:
Audible Originals are exclusive audio titles created by celebrated storytellers from worlds as diverse as theater, journalism, literature, and more, all produced in the Audible studios. Members can now select 2 of 6 featured Audible Originals every month, in addition to 1 audiobook, regardless of price, plus unlimited access to premier audio fitness programs. There’s never been a better time to join the listening revolution!

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-26-2019 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #6222
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 21 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT

* 13 Things That Don't Make Sense: The Most Intriguing Scientific Mysteries

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-21-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:54 AM   #6223
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 21 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT
Old 11-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #6224
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 22 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:38 PM   #6225
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kobo Audio -- Black Friday Sale -- exp 06 Dec @ 11:59pm PT
Quote:
One month FREE plus 30% off the next 3 months of your audiobook subscription
Quote:
You are only eligible for this promotion if you have never started a Kobo Audiobook trial.
* I had a free trial before and was rejected for the free trial, but was accepted for the $6.99 portion of the offer contrary to what the above restriction claims. Go figure. I didn't sign up.

Quote:
Free trial for first 30 days. $6.99/month for next 90 days. $9.99/month afterwards. Cancel anytime.
Quote:
Subscribe to Kobo Audiobooks today and get your first monthly audiobook for FREE. Then, enjoy the next 3 months at 30% off the regular subscription price.

Every month, we’ll send you a credit to redeem for an audiobook of your choice, regardless of the book's price — saving you money every time.

Choose from thousands of titles perfect for listening on your commute, at the gym, during road trips and much more.
Terms & Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Offer open only to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), United States, United Kingdom, and New Zealand. Offer available from November 20 at 12:00 AM ET until December 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET. You are only eligible for this promotion if you have never started a Kobo Audiobook trial. After the first month, you will receive 30% off the regular subscription price for three months. In the fourth month, you will be charged the regular subscription price using the payment method we have on file for you. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time.

All credits are valid while the customer is a Kobo Audiobook subscriber. Credits will only expire once a customer had canceled their subscription. Upon cancelation, a customer will have a period of 6 months from the date of cancelation to spend their unused credits. Any credits that remain after 6 months will expire and will no longer be available for use.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2019 at 08:02 PM.