Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
how do I navigate my bible?

Hi all

wasnt sure where to post this .. sorry if it's in the wrong place ..

I have the Today's New International Version of the bible from fictionwise on my (NEW!!!) Cybook and I've not been able to work out a way of navigating around it .. the best I can think of at present is to set a 'bookmark' at the start of every single 'book' of the bible so that I can somewhat navigate!

Any ideas would be very welcome ..

Thanks

Loopy *Loving her new Cybook*
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
I have a similar problem with my LDS edition of the scriptures from ldspocket.com. The navigation features that were available in the Palm and Desktop versions of the mobipocket reader do not appear to be implemented in the Gen3 reader. I sent an email to Bookeen support asking about the missing reader features. In particular, it seems that javascript support (used for dropdown navigation boxes) and inter-document linking are not supported. Intra-document hypertext links do seem to work, however. Those make a barely workable navigation system with "book" links at the beginning of, for example, the Old Testament, chapter links at the top of each book, and verse links at the front of each chapter. (I did have to put a bookmark at the "books" list so I could easily skip past the front matter.) But I am missing all of the in-verse links to topical guide, bible dictionary, scripture index, maps, etc.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

have sent an email to bookeen .. not holding my breath for a reply tho! lol

will report if/when i hear anything

Loopy
Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are there no hyperlinks to the start of books or anything, Loopy?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are there no hyperlinks to the start of books or anything, Loopy?
Hi Harry

thank you so much for your reply because you sorted it out with your quite simple question!! I'm embarrassed to admit that (and I only checked it again because of your query!) that I didnt infact have any idea how to scroll thru 'hyperlinks' .. so i was (in my mind) merely rechecking that nothing worked so i could reply to your question and on the contents page hit the down option and hey presto hyperlinks! .. there are also chapter numbers on the top of each book to hyperlink thru! ..

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for now while the navigating could be better it is at least possible for me to use!!

sorry for the hassle!

Loopy
Advert
Old 12-15-2007, 03:09 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Delighted to have been able to help . Have you read the user manual yet? That would be a good place to start, in case you haven't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #7
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
Navigating a big big book (like the bible)

What I do.

1. get a copy of Mobibook creator.
2. Open a new Word document and make an outline that includes everything you want to link to.
3. Save it as a filtered HTML, go in and erase every line that says "font family" using notepad (so that the font will change as needed.
4. Use creator to make it into a mobi book.
Now load it into mobipocket books on your pc.
5. Now you can turn each one of those things in your outline into a link to wherever you want. I have my bible in 12 smaller files. The outline is called Bible TOC.

It took me about 3 hours and My outline includes about 300 items that I wanted to be able to flip to really quick.

HTH
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote