Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-21-2022, 01:34 PM   #541
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_F View Post
Hello there,

I have the same problem as giododa (i.e. when updating to calibre 6.1 64 bits), when trying to convert an epub through the (newly re-installed) Kepub extension I get the same error message (No module named 'PyQt4') detailed below when I click on OK...is there any prospect so as to update the Kepub extension to solve this issue ?

Thank you for your help !

Code:
calibre, version 6.1.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>ModuleNotFoundError</b>:No module named 'PyQt4'

calibre 6.1  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: fr
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 0, 0) && KePub Input (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.output_config", line 66, in setupUi
ImportError: cannot import name 'Qt' from 'qt' (C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\bin\python-lib.bypy.frozen\qt\__init__.pyc)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 225, in setup_pipeline
  File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.kepub_output", line 141, in gui_configuration_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.output_config", line 40, in __init__
  File "calibre\gui2\convert\__init__.py", line 65, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.output_config", line 69, in setupUi
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt4'
Please try the beta posted above and see if that fixes it. I will check the code in soon so it can be released without to much delay.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #542
Denis_F
Denis_F began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Hello again,

Just to give you the full picture of the problems I experience after updating to calibre 6.1 64 bits :

1/ kepub output extension does not work properly (Error "No module named 'PyQt4'"). This is very nicely solved thanks to davidfor's kepub output beta version

2/ Calibre is unable to properly launch the E-book viewer 64bit when clicking on a book in calibre (details of the error log attached), although the E-book viewer is properly installed and running when launched directly from the installation folder.
I have uninstalled and re-installed Calibre, but this did not help...

Is there any hint of a new version of calibre 64 bits fixing this last issue ?

Thank you !
Denis_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2022, 03:04 AM   #543
Sfara
Sfara began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Solved whit beta

Hi everyone,

just for give some information, I had the same error whit kepub convertion (modulenotfound and Ptq4) and I solved whit beta plugin. I don't kow why error came out or it was fixed, but now all are working perfectly.

Thanks guys for your job
Sfara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 11:38 AM   #544
mesamay2003
mesamay2003 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra H20
Beta plugin did not fix the issue for me, but I'm on a mac...
mesamay2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:43 PM   #545
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamay2003 View Post
Beta plugin did not fix the issue for me, but I'm on a mac...
Which issue? The latest beta fixes two things. It is best to post the full error, a conversion log or a debug log to show the error.
Advert
Old 07-26-2022, 08:46 PM   #546
mesamay2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which issue? The latest beta fixes two things. It is best to post the full error, a conversion log or a debug log to show the error.
Sorry, this issue when trying to convert epub to kepub...

calibre, version 6.1.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ModuleNotFoundError</b>:No module named 'PyQt4'

calibre 6.1 embedded-python: True
macOS-12.5-arm64-arm-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '21.6.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Sat Jun 18 17:05:47 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.140.41~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101')
Python 3.10.1
OSX: ('12.5', ('', '', ''), 'arm64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: KePub Input (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.output_config ", line 66, in setupUi
from PyQt5 import Qt as QtGui
ImportError: cannot import name 'Qt' from 'qt' (/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/plugins/python-lib.bypy.frozen/qt/__init__.pyc)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 225, in setup_pipeline
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.kepub_output" , line 141, in gui_configuration_widget
return PluginWidget(parent, get_option_by_name, get_option_help, db, book_id)
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.output_config ", line 40, in __init__
Widget.__init__(
File "calibre/gui2/convert/__init__.py", line 65, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.output_config ", line 69, in setupUi
from PyQt4 import QtCore
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt4'
Old 07-26-2022, 08:53 PM   #547
mesamay2003

I actually had to remove the beta kepub output plugin and revert back to the current version, because the beta would cause the error dialog box to start flashing and it difficult to close.

Last edited by mesamay2003; 07-27-2022 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:56 PM   #548
mesamay2003

Actually, I just tried the 3.6.2 version of the beta and that fixed the issue, I had been using the 3.6.1 version, which did not work. Thanks!!
Old 07-26-2022, 09:55 PM   #549
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamay2003 View Post
Actually, I just tried the 3.6.2 version of the beta and that fixed the issue, I had been using the 3.6.1 version, which did not work. Thanks!!
There were two places that error needed to be fixed. I only did the one in the first beta. And I the second spot was what caused the repeating error.

There is a third beta in post #537. Could you try that? It has a fix for a threading issue that gets hit sometimes. I want to make sure it has not caused a problem for Mac users.
Old 07-27-2022, 12:20 AM   #550
mesamay2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There were two places that error needed to be fixed. I only did the one in the first beta. And I the second spot was what caused the repeating error.

There is a third beta in post #537. Could you try that? It has a fix for a threading issue that gets hit sometimes. I want to make sure it has not caused a problem for Mac users.
I installed the 3rd beta (3.6.3) and that one works for me as well on my mac...hope that helps.
Old 07-18-2023, 05:32 AM   #551
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
What was the reason for this updated driver version 3.6.4?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 06:22 AM   #552
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
What was the reason for this updated driver version 3.6.4?
Go to the first post in this thread and click the spoiler button under Version History.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote