Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #136
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I put up a new version that has what seems to be a simpler fix for both highlighting and this problem. If it fails I'll go for the more complicated fix. Calibre should offer the update in the next couple hours.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #137
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I put up a new version that has what seems to be a simpler fix for both highlighting and this problem.
Thank you for this Your simple fix to container.py matches the temporary hack I put in place for personal use for the last couple of days. It seems to fix the bold/italic/etc problem.

I can't really comment on the highlights aspect as I never use any kind of annotations. Hopefully someone who does will have an opinion.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #138
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you. I've seen the italic problem in the last two books, but I didn't know which the problem was.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #139
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
I'm not sure this is the right thread, but I think it might be .... I've got an H2O with the latest firmware, patched, and am using the latest version of Calibre with your recently updated Extended touch driver.

Here's my issue -- I prefer Kepub to epubs on my reader, but I want the full book Adobe epub page numbering to show. That makes it easier to find my place on my Android reader (Mantano, now Bookari), which gives the standard epub numbers, when I switch back and forth between the devices.

In the plug-in, I've tried both ticking and unticking the "use full book page numbers" in transferring the title and, on my Kobo, I have both ticked and unticked in "Reading Settings" the "Show Adobe EPUB page numbers" -- but none make a difference.

So, for example, my Kepub version of Shantaram (great book, by the way), shows a total of 1255 pages, no matter which options above have been ticked in the plug-in or the reader. If I reload it as an Epub, by unticking the "Enable Extended Kobo Features" in the plug-in, I get 925 pages, which is the same page count given for the title on my Bookari Android app.

Am I chasing an impossible dream? I can always use the percentage read as a workaround of sorts, but it's not as precise because Kobo doesn't use tenths of percents.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #140
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Am I chasing an impossible dream?
I think so. Standard epubs on the Kobo use the Adobe pseudo page numbers and so does Mantano/Bookari. The Kobo kepub renderer uses "something else". No idea what the "something" is though and even if we did know the chances of Android 3rd-party apps using the same algorithm are currently slim IMHO.
Advert
Old 04-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #141
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
With Kepubs the renderer dynamically calculates pages which are dependant on font size, line spacing etc. So with a kepub a page is like a paper book's page - i.e. what you can see on the display.

Adobe uses an arbitrary number of characters and calls that a "page".

There is no way that two systems like this can be synchronised with each other based on "page numbers".

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:20 PM   #142
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to both jackie_w and BobC for your quick replies. Much obliged. Just to be clear, I'm not looking to literally sync up the two different systems as between my Kobo and Android devices. Instead, although maybe it works out to be the same thing, I was hoping that I could hack/tweak/patch my Kobo Kepub renderer so that, at least for page numbers, my Kobo kepub files would use and display the Adobe page numbering system on my H2O. I kind of got that hope from the Kobo setting in "Reading Settings" that seems to allow you to tick that option ("Show Adobe EPUB Page Numbers" -- although to no effect). I wonder what it's for otherwise?

EDIT -- Just answered my own question -- when ticked, the Adobe page number option actually makes the page number show up in the text on the page (very light and small), presumably to indicate exactly where the page "break", so to speak, is. So, at least it has a purpose (not the one I wanted, but still!).

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 04-14-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:45 PM   #143
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
With Kepubs the renderer dynamically calculates pages which are dependant on font size, line spacing etc. So with a kepub a page is like a paper book's page - i.e. what you can see on the display.
Just an observation ... if I set Reading Progress for 'Entire book' rather than 'Current chapter' in Reading Settings the total pages for the entire kepub does not change (at least for me) when I change font-size, line spacing etc. So calculations for kepub entire-book-mode don't appear to equate to "screenfuls" in the way chapter-mode does
Old 04-14-2016, 04:49 PM   #144
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The page number you're looking at is calculated dynamically by the reader in both ePub and KePub modes. It's different because of different settings for each type, but if you tweak the KePub settings you can get the ePub number, or you can tweak ePub to get the KePub number. What the "Adobe page numbers" setting gives you is those faint numbers, which is always a static calculation based on the number of characters of text (I think it's 1024 characters per page). The Kobo readers don't give you a way to go to a location based on those numbers though, not sure if any reader does.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:53 PM   #145
rogerinnyc
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
It's different because of different settings for each type, but if you tweak the KePub settings you can get the ePub number, or you can tweak ePub to get the KePub number.
How would one tweak the KePub settings to get the ePub number displayed in the bottom page margin and/or the slider? Or is that not what you're saying?
Old 04-14-2016, 05:19 PM   #146
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

You can't do that with Kobo. What's displayed on the bottom is always the dynamically-calculated page number, either per-chapter (KePub only) or full-book (ePub or KePub with the extra setting).
Old 04-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #147
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Just an observation ... if I set Reading Progress for 'Entire book' rather than 'Current chapter' in Reading Settings the total pages for the entire kepub does not change (at least for me) when I change font-size, line spacing etc. So calculations for kepub entire-book-mode don't appear to equate to "screenfuls" in the way chapter-mode does
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
How would one tweak the KePub settings to get the ePub number displayed in the bottom page margin and/or the slider? Or is that not what you're saying?
What jackie_w said is what you need to do. This option allows either per-chapter or whole book page numbering in kepubs. But, I don't know if the whole book page numbering uses the Adobe page numbering algorithm. From memory the few times I checked it didn't give the same page counts for an epub and a kepub. But, that could be because of a different compression ratio or the fact that kepubs have the extra spans for bookmarking and hence making each internal file larger than the equivalent epub.

Whichever page numbering method used for a kepub will only be displayed at the bottom of the screen. The option to show it in the margins does not affect kepubs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:20 PM   #148
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I'm pretty sure it's not the Adobe method. Not sure exactly what it is, but I think it involves using the number of bytes in content files to avoid needing to explode and parse every file.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:11 AM   #149
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Well, the Adobe method uses the compressed sizes of the internal files, so it doesn't need to unpack the files. But, for kepubs, word counts for each chapter are put into the database when the book is opened. Maybe they are basing it on these.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #150
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Series information

Over the years I have generated and transferred to my Glo a number of books that are part of a series. These all show the Series and number on the Glo when displaying the books in list form.

Recently I generated a set of four books that are part of a series but that information is not showing when I transfer the books to the Glo. I have diligently ensured that "Set Series Information" is selected in the KoboTouch Extended Device Interface Plugin (V2.6.1) but still no success.

I've deleted the books from the Glo and re-uploaded them but still nothing.

Have I missed some crucial step or is there a problem with this version of the PI ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote