Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-10-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Your Avatar's meaning . . .

Does your avatar in your profile reflect who you are, who you want to be, or does it reflect something else entirely?

Me? My avatar reflects a couple of things. First, I think it's funny, so few avatars project anything but idealized representations of ourselves, that it's such a shock to the viewer's system to see a less than flattering avatar. That can frequently elicit a laugh or two. So many members of my family hate that self portrait, but I have a 'weird niece' who totally 'gets it' and sees the humor. (My favorite niece, BTW.)

Secondly, I suspect that on some level it's an acknowledgement that we all have demons that we don't like in ourselves. I frequently tell people who see that photo, that it is a photo of my evil twin, 'Skippy'.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:33 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I've liked turtles since I was 4 years old and caught my first one in the woods near my house. (It was a Wood Turtle.)

And I often find myself being of two minds on a subject, so it just seems like a good fit.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #3
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
I took this picture of Lady Baltimore, a rescued bald eagle, in Juneau Alaska on a family (3 generations) cruise last year.

She reminds me of the wonderful time we had.

My usual avatar is my dog Lukey.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:53 PM   #4
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
My avatar is me. I'm a multi-talented feline.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #5
AuntiWiddershins
AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo auraHD
My Avatar means I am poor at drawing.
AuntiWiddershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My avatar is a selfie ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My avatar reflects the fact that I'm a chameleon, as soon as I upload one I invariably and immediately decide I don't like it, so I remove it. Besides, I've chosen not see avatars and signatures
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #8
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Does your avatar in your profile reflect who you are, who you want to be, or does it reflect something else entirely?

Me? My avatar reflects a couple of things. First, I think it's funny, so few avatars project anything but idealized representations of ourselves, that it's such a shock to the viewer's system to see a less than flattering avatar. That can frequently elicit a laugh or two. So many members of my family hate that self portrait, but I have a 'weird niece' who totally 'gets it' and sees the humor. (My favorite niece, BTW.)

Secondly, I suspect that on some level it's an acknowledgement that we all have demons that we don't like in ourselves. I frequently tell people who see that photo, that it is a photo of my evil twin, 'Skippy'.
You might want to check out this thread. . .

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ghlight=avatar
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:06 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Mine is a picture of me and my fiancee that was taken at our local church some time back.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:35 AM   #10
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Mine is a semi-buried head that is part of
a local sculpture, depicting a bunch of
rioters who stormed our (then) local prison.
The 'heads' are buried around a tree in the
area where it all took place.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:27 AM   #11
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
My avatar reflects that I am cool, peace loving, friendly and relaxed. No place for hostility on my couch. Can not comment anything about my beret and it's color, because its a result of public poll here!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:43 AM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Mine shows my inner warrior. Who I've come to know these past five years. I've had to battle many things in my life and refuse to let them win.

I also have Native American heritage.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote