Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Breaking news ! Queen Z has a PRS-700

Yeah, you read it well, the beloved queen Z of Pinwheel has admitted having a PRS-700 !
She did it in french, in order for it to be discreet, but we had a reporter right on the spot, and he was able to catch this :
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
je suis très satisfaite de mon 700
This could be translated in english as
Quote:
I'm very statisfied of my 700
What's even more important, it's that it was in a discussion about the PRS-700.
There isn't much doubt left, but we have now with us some experts in the field of queenness in the Kingdom of Pinwheel, and we'll try to comment this event.

First of them is Mr Ford Prefect, such a great traveller that he has surely been to Pinwheel at least once in the past.
- Mr Ford Prefect, please tell us how Queen Z's french sentence can be interpreted ?
- I think that the main problem is that the translation is incorrect. Beyond any doubt, the correct translation is "42".
- 42 ?
- Yes
- And what does it mean ?
- That's the question, my dear.
- Ok ... Now tell me, what do you think will be the reaction of the good people of Pinwheel if it turns out that Queen Z has really announced that she has a PRS-700 ?
- Pinwheel ? Never heard of such a planet ! In which galactic sector is it ? Anywhere near Magrathea ?
- Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go, it's time to take a hike.
- Ok, goodbye and thank you for your commentary.
- You're welcome. So long, and thanks for all the fish !
- The fish ???

Well well well ... Now let's move to our second interviewee, Mr Gaurnim, ambassador for the Kingdom of Pinwheel in Down Under.
- Mr Gaurnim, thanks for joining us
- My pleasure, I'm always happy to get up at 5 am while I'm in holidays to answer some questions about liseuses.
- So, what is your comment on Queen Z saying that she is statisfied of here PRS-700 ?
- She said what ?
- She said "Je suis très satisfaite de mon 700"
- Ok, now I understand the confusion. You see, our beloved Queen didn't mean that she was satisfied of her PRS-700, she did mean that she was satisfied of her Stetson.
- Her Stetson ? But nobody ever saw her with a Stetson !
- Of course, she never wears it during her official duties, she is bound by oath to wear only a "bérêt", the Pinwheel national hat.
- So you are saying that Queen Z has broken her oath ?
- No, no of course not. This oath binds her only while she performs her royal duty.
- Ok, I understand better now. But several of our expert translators from Pinwheelian have assured us that she was saying 700.
- You know, it's not a surprising mistake. 700 is "sept cent" in Pinwheelian, and its pronounciation is quite close to "Stetson".
- So Queen Z was only revealing her fondness for cowboy hats instead of admitting her use of a foreign liseuse.
- Of course ! You know, we have a pinwheelian company that sells liseuse, and they have lent indefinitely Queen Z one of their liseuses. Our beloved Queen would never use another device than one embodying our national pride.
- Thanks you for those interesting comments.

We'll now return to our regularly scheduled program. We'll keep you posted in case we hear anything new.

Last edited by Gaurnim; 08-04-2009 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Typos
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
- Her Stetson ? But nobody ever saw her with a Stetson !
- Of course, she never wears it during her official duties, she is bound by oath to wear only a "bérêt", the Pinwheel national hat.
On a point of order, she has also been spotted sporting a tea cozy.

I think the word 'shums' may have been left off the end of her quote.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i admit, i am inordinately fond of hats. although as i am currently on duty i am most likely wearing a béret, and not a stetson (nor a tea-cosy).

that ford prefect is a notoriously unreliable witness, you saw for yourself how easily distracted he is by the (blue one next to the) fish !

gaurnim, i'm so very sorry that you were harassed by reporters on your holidays, sheesh, they really have no savoir-vivre do they ! 5 o'clock in the morning, how barbaric. but thanks for your enlightening replies, despite the lack of sleep i am sure you were suffering from.

sparrow, i have no comment to make about shums at this time...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
i admit, i am inordinately fond of hats. although as i am currently on duty i am most likely wearing a béret, and not a stetson (nor a tea-cosy).
Excuse me, m'lady. You've got a béret on your head.

[^ Private joke Marc passed on]

Yours mad as a hatter,
Adrian
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Excuse me, m'lady. You've got a béret on your head.

[^ Private joke Marc passed on]

Yours mad as a hatter,
Adrian
Advert
Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Let it hereby be known throughout the land that there is absolutely no way in heck that our Queen Zelda has a Sony PRS-700. Umpossible! Please let me direct you to her profile details which indicate that she has only an Ebookwise 1150. She wouldn't lie, would she? 'Nuff said.

As to the mysterious 700 Zelda mentioned, I agree with Sparrow. It probably refers to her throng of delightful SHUMS. (or perhaps to the fact that she is delighted that they have mostly disappeared for the summer. one of the two.)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
In a hidden thread, she also has been heard to say, "let them eat cake?" Can a revolution be far behind?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
In a hidden thread, she also has been heard to say, "let them eat cake?" Can a revolution be far behind?
Quote:
Off with their heads !
Don't look at me like that, it's merely a litterary quote.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Don't look at me like that, it's merely a litterary quote.
you're confused. that's the Red Queen. you'll notice i'm wearing green.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

she lies to us? time for regicide yet?
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
you're confused. that's the Red Queen. you'll notice i'm wearing green.
I never implied that you had said it, my queen.
Your greenness is unmistakeable !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahammer View Post
she lies to us? time for regicide yet?
That is not something to utter out loud !
That's not even something to think about !
You are going to get in trouble !

Last edited by Gaurnim; 07-08-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did someone just threaten my Queen?

Yours leaning casually on his Higgs Bosonic rifle,
Adrian of the Pinwheel Protection Squad
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Let it hereby be known throughout the land that there is absolutely no way in heck that our Queen Zelda has a Sony PRS-700. Umpossible! Please let me direct you to her profile details which indicate that she has only an Ebookwise 1150. She wouldn't lie, would she? 'Nuff said.
I can't see an "only" in the profile details. And I don't remember Zelda being on oath to tell nothing but the whole truth.
It is true that the Queen possesses an Ebookwise 1150. I have seen it with my own eyes.
However, there may be reasons of state why she does not list all the devices that she may (or may not) possess.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
True enough, Patricia. And somehow I have a faint recollection that this subject (a mysterious Sony 700 not listed in Zelda's profile) has been brought up perhaps once or even twice before. So maybe this requires more research. Or maybe we could just drop it and talk about the Michael Jackson memorial service. Or we could drop them both and try to figure out where Marc went.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #15
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Quote:
That is not something to utter out loud !
That's not even something to think about !
You are going to get in trouble !
I was just asking if it was time... my guess is no then.
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote