Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #46
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
[Minor suggestion]: Why not update the launcher batch file to use the "SETLOCAL" command. This would remove the need to clear environment variables.
Never heard of it before! I can certainly look into it.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #47
cyana
Enthusiast
cyana began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hi itimpi,

this is what I get when I enable echo off and change to java.exe:

Quote:
Calibre2opds startup
====================
[INFO] Current Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2Opds
'
Free RAM: 12024800
'
[INFO] Trying to locate Java on this system
[INFO] ====================================
[INFO] Java found via JAVA_HOME evironment variable [C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.
7.0_02]
'
"-----------------------"
" Calibre2Opds STARTING "
"-----------------------"
'
[INFO] Current directory set to D:\Users\Mischa\AppData\Local\Temp
[INFO] START "Calibre2Opds" "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\bin\JAVA.EXE" -
cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2Opds/*" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2
Opds/OpdsOutput-3.4-SNAPSHOT.jar" Gui
'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2Opds>
no obvious error either.

best greetings and thanks
cyana
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #48
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is more like the normal output one expects to see!

The question is what is stopping Calibre2opds from bringing up its normal window. Without some log information it is almost impossible to guess. Have you managed to find any logs?
Old 11-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #49
cyana
Enthusiast

Hi itimpi,

there is no new log file. The last one is dated from Nov. 2013, this was likely the last time I generated a new web site. So it seems Java is not launched at all. Things I tried: Installed the latest Java version 7.1 and let their test run afterwards (succeeded). Disabled KAV (no joy).

Is there maybe a way to manually launch java and then calibre2opds ?

thanks a lot for your help!
cyana

Edit: I now managed to launch calibre2opds by double clicking OpdsOutput-3.4-SNAPSHOT.jar. It came up with the correct settings so I started the catalog generation. It's now copying the library, we'll see how it works

Last edited by cyana; 11-09-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #50
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Edit: I now managed to launch calibre2opds by double clicking OpdsOutput-3.4-SNAPSHOT.jar. It came up with the correct settings so I started the catalog generation. It's now copying the library, we'll see how it works
Glad to here you got things working, but I wish I understood why it is not working when using the runGUI.cmd file.

The original version of the RrunGUI file was just a single line that tried to launch Calibre2Opds (effectively the START command from the end of the current file). The changes that were introduced over time were to do with trying to locate Java and as for most people it is not on the search path and clicking the .jar file does not work.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #51
cyana
Enthusiast

Hi itimpi,

at least, on my site double clicking works - the catalog was generated correct, as far as I could check. The upcoming window is a bit truncated on the top, but without loosing any functionality.

again thanks for your help and great work!
best greeting
cyana
Old 12-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #52
guruproj
guruproj began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O, Kindle PW3 32GB
Copy.com works with this? I uploaded library and _catalog to copy.com, then shared entire calibre folder as well we get a shared link to index.xml. But in ebook readers, even though I'm able to add it as library, any links I clicked got an "invalidated opds content" error. What did I do wrong or copy.com just won't work here?
guruproj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #53
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruproj View Post
Copy.com works with this? I uploaded library and _catalog to copy.com, then shared entire calibre folder as well we get a shared link to index.xml. But in ebook readers, even though I'm able to add it as library, any links I clicked got an "invalidated opds content" error. What did I do wrong or copy.com just won't work here?
As far as I know Copy.com does not work. The problem is that it does not allow the files in the catalog and/or library to be treated as if they were hosted on a web server and accessed using standard URL's - so the index.html file cannot access the other files that make up the catalog and library. I would love it if Copy.com could be used as I have an account there with plenty of space allowed.

The only web services I know for certain work are Dropbox and Googledrive (set up as covered in the online User Guide).

I would love to know if an other Cloud services have been used successfully (and if so the details on how to set them up).
Old 12-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #54
guruproj
guruproj began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O, Kindle PW3 32GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
As far as I know Copy.com does not work. The problem is that it does not allow the files in the catalog and/or library to be treated as if they were hosted on a web server and accessed using standard URL's - so the index.html file cannot access the other files that make up the catalog and library. I would love it if Copy.com could be used as I have an account there with plenty of space allowed.

The only web services I know for certain work are Dropbox and Googledrive (set up as covered in the online User Guide).

I would love to know if an other Cloud services have been used successfully (and if so the details on how to set them up).
Bummer...

Thank you for your quick answer though!
guruproj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #55
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre2OPDS 3.4: Stanza vs Aldiko?

I've been using Calibre2OPDS 2.3 for a while now, and just decided to try out the latest version. I'm a little puzzled: why is there no option for choosing whether you want a Stanza or Aldiko compatible catalog? Are catalogs universally compatible across both now?
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #56
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre2OPDS 3.4: Error loading cover

I keep getting this error pop up over and over again while generating my catalog. "An error occurred while loading the image file..." and then the filename of this file.

I browsed to it and opened it and it came up just fine from Explorer.

Any ideas why Calibre2OPDS doesn't like it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	967.0 KB
ID:	134632  
Old 02-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #57
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I keep getting this error pop up over and over again while generating my catalog. "An error occurred while loading the image file..." and then the filename of this file.

I browsed to it and opened it and it came up just fine from Explorer.

Any ideas why Calibre2OPDS doesn't like it?
Not sure. I guess something is causing an error when it is being loaded for generating a resized cover or a thumbnail.

If you want me to look further then you can try sending a copy of some problem images to calibre2opds at gmail dot com to see if I can spot the reason.

In my experience getting a different image often makes the issue go away.

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-08-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #58
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I've been using Calibre2OPDS 2.3 for a while now, and just decided to try out the latest version. I'm a little puzzled: why is there no option for choosing whether you want a Stanza or Aldiko compatible catalog? Are catalogs universally compatible across both now?
There is now no Stanza specific options. The generated catalogs should work on Stanza but we no longer validate against Stanza as it does not run on the latest iOS versions so have no way of testing Stanza.

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-08-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #59
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@Robotech_Master - I merged the 2 threads you created into here. It's better to keep all issues on a specific 'product' such as Calibre2odps together. One reason is that one day it might move to its own forum - a'la Calibre Companion.

@itimpi - I trust it's OK with you
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #60
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
There is now no Stanza specific options. The generated catalogs should work on Stanza but we no longer validate against Stanza as it does not run on the latest iOS versions so have no way of testing Stanza.
It's just that I found some Android readers--I forget which ones, maybe Moon--would work with the Stanza version but not the Aldiko version, and I wanted to be sure the catalog would work with both. Though if it is properly universal now, that's better as far as I'm concerned so I won't have to keep up both versions.