Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #1
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Boyue LikeBook Plus (T80s): Technical Stuff

So hey LikeBookers! Here are links to download firmware files of SW updates for the Boyue LikeBook Plus T80s.

Instructions to install update:
1. Download the zip file from the link.
2. Rename it as 'update.zip' and paste it in the parent directory of your device.
3. Then go to 'Settings' > 'System Updates' > 'From local memory'.
4. Wait for the device to reboot.
5. Voila!

Note:
1. The provided updates are specifically developed and intended for the T80s only. Users of the Icarus Illumina XL HD should note that I shall take no responsibility if updating their devices with the T80s update causes any issues. However, users of the Icarus Illumina XL HD who have experimented with the T80s on their devices have got through without any issues.
2. Issues if any can be reported in reply to this thread. I shall forward the same to the concerned dev team.

Download Links:
------------------------------
v1.0.1-2017111118
v1.0.2-2018010215
v2.0.0-2018052616

Have fun!

Last edited by fernsruben; 06-17-2018 at 09:17 PM.
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Lightbulb E-ink Launchers!

So here are two (and probably the only) great Launchers developed specifically for e-ink displays.

Downloads:
> ReLaunchX
> ReLaunch

ReLaunchX Sources:
> GitHub:https://github.com/Leszek111/ReLaunchX
> MobileRead: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=284418

ReLaunch Sources:
> GitHub: https://github.com/yiselieren/ReLaunch
> XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/noo...n-1-4-t3060782
> 4PDA: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=270909

Finding APK files for the above two launchers was a bit of a tough job due to dated uploads and broken links. I have hence uploaded the APKs to my own cloud drive and mirrored the same here for easy download. I have provided necessary source links for easy identification of respective projects.

I am in no manner responsible for the development of these launcher apps. I am only sharing these downloads out of community needs. I do not take responsibility for issues caused by installing these apps.

Note: Both, ReLaunch and ReLaunchX were initially developed for the Nook Simple Touch and Onyx Book. The former was developed by a Russian developer yiselieren and later abandoned due to reasons unknown. The latter was then created as a fork of the former by the developer Leszek111 and is still in active development. Both launchers are powerful tools, if well optimized, can provide a great user experience.

P.s., I can help out to the extent of my personal usage of the launchers. Cheers!

Last edited by fernsruben; 01-30-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Reserved 2

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Reserved 3

Old 01-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Reserved 4

Old 01-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #6
borrev
borrev began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus
Languages supported in the updates v.1.0.1 and 1.0.2 ?

Do you know whether the firmware updates supports the same languages as the the orginal firmware ? I use norwegian.
borrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:19 AM   #7
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrev View Post
Do you know whether the firmware updates supports the same languages as the the orginal firmware ? I use norwegian.
Hey, yep. Nothing changed with the language database. Just a few translation updates I presume.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #8
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Thanks.

Just updated my Illumina XL to V1.0.2-* with no ill effects. Startup screen now reads Likebook instead of Illumina.

Last edited by p38lightning; 02-20-2018 at 01:22 PM.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
@fernsruben, I believe I heard a rumor from you that a new firmware version might be dropping around the 1st of April, have you heard any news on this front?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #10
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Problem with update

My Likebook is on v1.0.2-2018010215 firmware. I'm not sure when this happened since I had it on wifi unintentionally. For the past couple days the bluetooth remote doesn't work well. Occasionally it will work but most of the time not, although sometimes the page turns are stored and show up when I touch the screen causing me to have to page back.

Anyway, I decided to go back to the previous firmware, downloaded the file in the first post in this thread and get a message that it's "not a valid update package". Is it not possible to revert? I did rename the file update.zip. Has anyone else had problems with bluetooth with the v1.0.2-2018010215 firmware. It's not the remote because I have two and neither works correctly. I did power off and back on, turn bluetooth off and on. Thanks for any suggestions.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:42 PM   #11
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Did anyone else got bad case that started cracking just after few days and signs of wear out of the box?

Fitmware 20180320
Quote:
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qMGNzRZ8LYz70Mo6iQ-7pQ pass: sydm
next firmware preview link
found here link
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:17 AM   #12
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Why does this firmware doesn't show up in the System update manager?
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Did anyone else got bad case that started cracking just after few days and signs of wear out of the box?

Fitmware 20180320

Quote:
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qMGNzRZ8LYz70Mo6iQ-7pQ pass: sydm
next firmware preview link
found here link
I downloaded the firmware but the password you provided doesn't work on this archive, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7zip.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	163737  
Old 05-01-2018, 05:00 AM   #14
supertoth
JJMora
supertoth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Icarus Illumina XL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I downloaded the firmware but the password you provided doesn't work on this archive, see attached.
From what I have read; that firmware is a modified one by a vendor. It doesn't have any advantage over the January one, only some make up touches.

Last edited by supertoth; 05-01-2018 at 05:06 AM.
supertoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:54 AM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoth View Post
From what I have read; that firmware is a modified one by a vendor. It doesn't have any advantage over the January one, only some make up touches.
Thanks, currently I have no errors I'm looking to have corrected by an update. I just wanted to check things out, if I could, for others.