Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2016, 09:31 PM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Overdrive books on KA1 transferred to older Kobo via sync?

So I think I read somewhere that some of you have had success by using overdrive feature on the KA1 to directly borrow a book. And when they sync their old reader, it would also appear on there (even though the old reader does not support overdrive).

So I tried this with my KA1 and my Glo. It didn't work. The overdrive book I have directly downloaded onto my KA1 via the overdrive feature on the reader itself, does not appear on my Glo, even after syncing.

Is the Glo just too old (maybe this works on newer Kobo's, i.e. H20 and Aura)?

Or have I missed something?
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:41 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
It only worked with devices running 4.x firmware, which would be the mark 6 devices. The Glo (non-HD) is not one of those.

You could try loading 4.x on it, but there's no way to know if doing so would work at all. It is certainly not an advised course of action, as it could result in an unusable device.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #3
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
It only worked with devices running 4.x firmware, which would be the mark 6 devices. The Glo (non-HD) is not one of those.

You could try loading 4.x on it, but there's no way to know if doing so would work at all. It is certainly not an advised course of action, as it could result in an unusable device.
Poop. I was excited about this. Oh well…
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:59 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This will change. Kobo will release an update for the older devices. That will be either 4.0 or 4.1 and include downloading borrowed books. Whether it will include the full Overdrive function, no-one knows. I am sure the older devices will eventually get the function, but it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't for a little while longer/
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote