Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
carrollm5
carrollm5 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyager
Metadata No Longer Works

For the past few weeks I've been unable to access Metadata. I've been getting "Failed to find any books that match your search" message. Very frustrating as it's worked perfectly for years. Can anyone help? Thanks.
carrollm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrollm5 View Post
For the past few weeks I've been unable to access Metadata. I've been getting "Failed to find any books that match your search" message. Very frustrating as it's worked perfectly for years. Can anyone help? Thanks.
What version of Calibre?
What metadata sources are enabled? and are any of those User Supplied (via get plugins or otherwise)?
Sites change and the scrape tools need updating to keep up.

A few samples of (Title-Author) those that have problems would help other to do tests
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
dom38
dom38 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am having the same problem lately.
I'm using the Goodread plugin only, and I updated it recently.
I found a way around this problem by putting the goodread identifier in the Ids field if I want to download metadata from goodreads, or the ASIN to download the metadata from Amazon.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to find the FantassticFiction identifier.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dom38; 10-18-2018 at 08:20 AM.
dom38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:33 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you are having problems with any metadata source you should look in the thread dedicated to that source. If there isn't already a report of the problem, then please report the problem with some details. It is a good idea to include the log from the attempt to download the metadata, plus the details of at least one book having the error.

In the case of the Goodreads and FantasticFiction metadata source plugins, there are betas near the ends of their threads that should fix any recent problem. I will be arranging releases of these in the next few days.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:48 PM   #5
dom38
dom38 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you for your quick answer, Davidfor.
As all the metadata searches failed to work, I did not know which thread to use.
Anyway, I saw your message to Blue2u in the Metadata-Goodreads thread and downloaded your beta version, and everything is back to normal.

Thank you so much for your hard work.

Last edited by dom38; 10-18-2018 at 01:09 PM.
dom38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom38 View Post
Thank you for your quick answer, Davidfor.
As all the metadata searches failed to work, I did not know which thread to use.
Anyway, I saw your message to Blue2u in the Metadata-Goodreads thread and downloaded your beta version, and everything is back to normal.

Thank you so much for your hard work.
Good to hear. And if you look at the log, you will see details from each metadata plugin of what it did or couldn't do. If there are errors, or sources that don't find books when they should, the log will show which they are.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata