Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
Daverius
Daverius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Send to Kindle vs KF8

Hello
I have an issue with sending my hybrid mobi files created in Calibre via Send to Kindle. In theory my PW3 supposed to download file from the cloud with kf8 formatting. Instead I have azw file with old formatting and some weird line breaks. Everything is fine when I open it on Calibre or send via cable in mobi or azw3 format. Any ideas?
Daverius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=166
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #3
Daverius

I don't know if Calibre is causing it. I've tried to search through topics there but no one seems to have an issue with Amazon Cloud stripping away kf8 formatting on hybrid mobi and I can't find any other option to upload azw3 files there...
Old 08-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What happens if you just e-mail it to the Kindle's e-mail address at Amazon?
(The book should be an attachment to the e-mail. Directions on your "Manage Devices and Content" web page or perhaps in the "Kindle User's Guide" on your Kindle.)
That should answer the question about how much involvement Calibre has in the problem.

Last edited by knc1; 08-18-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:08 PM   #5
Daverius

Yeah you were right. Something is wrong with Calibre during converting to hybrid mobi file. I've used Kindle Previewer 3 to convert epub to mobi and then uploaded it to cloud. My PW3 downloaded azw3 file with kf8 formatting but unfortunately without cover... I guess I'll stick to the cable and will send azw3 directly from Calibre
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverius View Post
Yeah you were right. Something is wrong with Calibre during converting to hybrid mobi file. I've used Kindle Previewer 3 to convert epub to mobi and then uploaded it to cloud. My PW3 downloaded azw3 file with kf8 formatting but unfortunately without cover... I guess I'll stick to the cable and will send azw3 directly from Calibre
why not just install KOreader and read the file in its original epub format?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #7
Daverius

I was aiming to have everything nice and dandy on Amazon Cloud but it's way too much hassle with formatting, covers and all that stuff. I almost always convert books (changing margins, adding justification, hyphernate etc.) so it doesn't make a difference for me if I'll stick to epub or switch 1 option in Calibre to get azw3
Old 08-19-2017, 12:50 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I was aiming to have everything nice and dandy on Amazon Cloud but it's way too much hassle with formatting, covers and all that stuff. I almost always convert books (changing margins, adding justification, hyphernate etc.) so it doesn't make a difference for me if I'll stick to epub or switch 1 option in Calibre to get azw3
If you click the link in my signature, you will get a cloud account where you can organize any sort of file you like. Without Amazon looking over your shoulder.

If you install our USBnetworking add-in, then you will have rsync to keep your device(s) and the cloud account in-sync (rsync is one of the un-advertised extras of the USBnetwork package).
Old 08-26-2017, 04:30 PM   #9
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Instead of using the azw3, have Amazon convert the epub and save it in the cloud.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...775#post356477
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:35 PM   #10
chronicfireworks
chronicfireworks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Instead of using the azw3, have Amazon convert the epub and save it in the cloud.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...775#post356477
do the covers show in cover mode?
chronicfireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:29 AM   #11
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfireworks View Post
do the covers show in cover mode?
I tried it and the answer is no.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #12
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I tried it and the answer is no.
However, since the cover image often makes it to the Fire carousel, there may be some way of doing it.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
However, since the cover image often makes it to the Fire carousel, there may be some way of doing it.
This thread is about eInk Kindle(s), not Fire(s).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #14
Little.Egret
Wizard

Quote:
And I notice that if some of these items is included in a collection, viewing that collection shows the cover images.

Tags
calibre, cloud, kf8, mobi, send