Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #1
kevin4fly
kevin4fly began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
The {title_sort} replace the {title} value when doing save to disk job

Click Preference -> Saving books to disk(Import/Export section) and then set the template to {title} - {authors}. When I am saving the book to disk, the book name is {title_sort} - {authors} instead of {title} - {authors}.
kevin4fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Tweaks
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
kevin4fly
kevin4fly began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks for your reply, man. It's so quickly.

I am just reading the "calibre user manual" and doing the stuff as per what the manual says. I haven't yet read the Tweaks section, but I get a clue from your response.

Thanks again.

Last edited by kevin4fly; 06-02-2015 at 08:22 PM. Reason: misspell
kevin4fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #4
navegacalibre
navegacalibre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
{title_sort} again

I am trying to solve the ¨title_sort" "problem" when saving to disk with preferences-tweaks:

I code:

# Control formatting of title and series when used in templates

save_template_title_series_sorting = 'strictrly_alphabetic'

but still i get title and not title_sort when saving with this template:

{title} - {authors}

any clues ????
navegacalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by navegacalibre View Post
I am trying to solve the ¨title_sort" "problem" when saving to disk with preferences-tweaks:

I code:

# Control formatting of title and series when used in templates

but still i get title and not title_sort when saving with this template:

{title} - {authors}

any clues ????
If you want "The Lord of the Rings" to save as "Lord of the Rings, The" then change the tweak from strictly_alphabetic to library_order. If this isn't what you want then try correcting the spelling in your tweak.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
navegacalibre

{title_sort} again

sorry, i wanted to say:

but still i get "title_sort" and not "title" when saving with this template

I use:

and does not work as expected.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
sorry, i wanted to say:

but still i get "title_sort" and not "title" when saving with this template

I use:

and does not work as expected.
Assuming that's a direct copy/paste, then you've got an extra 'r' in strictrly_alphabetic.

That should be strictly_alphabetic
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
navegacalibre

{title_sort} more options ( impossible ?)

Oops, you are right, the template was wrong, now all works ok.

Another question about this:

It is possible to save disk with filenames:

author - author_sort - title - title_sort

the first three ones no problem, but now the last field i canont see the way to code the template.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
{title_sort} is not a valid template choice

I also thing you will run into a filename LENGTH issue on occasion (Titles can get wordy )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #10
navegacalibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
{title_sort} is not a valid template choice

I also thing you will run into a filename LENGTH issue on occasion (Titles can get wordy )
Of course i know {title_sort} is no valid.

I dont understand why was not included in a template choice.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If this isn't what you want then try correcting the spelling in your tweak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Assuming that's a direct copy/paste, then you've got an extra 'r' in strictrly_alphabetic.

That should be strictly_alphabetic
@ilovejedd I'm glad you chose to state it in no uncertain terms. I guess my comment wasn't as clear.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Of course i know {title_sort} is no valid.
{title_sort} is a valid template field in save-to-disk (and everywhere else). For example, with the tweak set to
Code:
save_template_title_series_sorting = 'strictly_alphabetic'
and doing a save-to-disk of the book with the title
Code:
An empty book to delete later
using the template
Code:
{title} --- {title_sort}
the following file name is generated
Code:
An empty book to delete later --- empty book to delete later, An.txt
as shown by the attached screen capture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	166938  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
[QUOTE=chaley;3760525]{title_sort} is a valid template field in save-to-disk (and everywhere else). For example, with the tweak set to

So the list on the Save to Disk setting is not fully inclusive then
Good to know. (I took that screen as gospel )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, save to disk, template language