Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Reader speeds

I was just wondering if anyone has tested the difference, if any, between the speeds of the new readers accessing books and going from book to the home page or using the options button from the internal memory and external cards. IMHO (not very scientific), with only 700 books on the reader's card memory, it appears a tiny bit slower than when I first had the reader with less than 10 books in the main memory.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
I've loaded a card with about 650 ePubs and it took the PRS-650 about 5-6 seconds. That's awesome compared to the good old PRS-505 or even the PRS-900.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my question. I am not talking about loading the books. I am talking about the times once the books are already loaded on the reader either in memory or card. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that there is a bigger lag from things like the following:
-making a bookmark
-leaving a book back the the home screen
-opening a book from the home screen or from one of the collection screens
when the books are on the card versus from the internal memory.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote