Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #3256
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
Eh, every little bit helps .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #3257
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Thank you for the quick fix

Sorry, I wasn't able to help more. All the action took place, while I was sleeping.
Now everything is working again
glimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #3258
linxu
linxu began at the beginning.

Device: KV, KOA2
I have the same problem after upgraded to 5.10.1.1 on my Kindle Voyage. Initially I thought I lost the jailbreak forever. Thanks God, the latest hotfix fixed the problem. Big thanks!!

However I found the KOReader cannot start automatically by clicking the PDF files. I have to manually start the kual and then start the KOReader. I wonder if I did something wrong.

BTW, I installed the MRInstaller , KPVBooklet from this link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

And the KOreader from
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...018.10.07-beta
linxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:23 AM   #3259
Antinoos
Zealot
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Just a short remark: The current implementation is too intricate - the following shortened version in bridge.sh would do the same more strict version check for fw < 5.4, but still making sure that any two (or even more... ) digit sub version numbers will correctly be recognized as fw >= 5.4:

Spoiler:
Code:
case "${khver}" in
			5.0.* | 5.0 )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="false"
			;;
			5.1.* | 5.1 )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="false"
			;;
			5.2.* | 5.2 )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="false"
			;;
			5.3.* | 5.3 )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="false"
			;;	
			5.* )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="true"
			;;
			* )
				# Given the previous checks, this shouldn't be reachable, but cover all bases anyway...
				logmsg "W" "check_version" "" "couldn't detect the kindle version!"
				# Poor man's last resort trick. See if we can find a new feature of FW 5.4 on the FS...
				if [ -f "${ROOT}/etc/upstart/contentpackd.conf" ] ; then
					logmsg "I" "check_version" "" "found a fw >= 5.4 feature"
					K5_ATLEAST_54="true"
				fi
			;;

Besides the above-mentioned remark, this fix is extremely helpful for those who believe that they MUST always run the very latest official firmware on their Kindle devices. Those, like me, who stick with the good old 5.8.11 fw, wouldn't run into this problem, but they should update their hotfix code anyway, just to make sure in the case the guys at Lab126 find a method to circumvent the OTA blocker dir trick in future...
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #3260
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
@Antinoos: that's because this bit of logic is shared by other bits which *do* need the full-range of check, and I keep them in sync to avoid making those kind of stupid issues even stupider .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote