Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 02:01 AM   #1156
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Timboli: Just merge all files and re-split either via a conversion or XPath or manually
Good idea. That hadn't occurred to me.

Thanks.

EDIT
It proved to be a little tricky initially, as broken chapter links did not help, and I did not feel like refreshing my mind about Xpath (something XML related I seem to recall). So in the end, I did the following.

1. Made sure all the chapter links were correct (both ways).
2. Selected all the split files, and merged them (using that right-click option).
3. Set up Split points at the start of each chapter number & block of HTML, by inserting the following text <br split=""/>.
4. I then split to the individual chapter files with that, using the code page's right-click option, plus removed the inserted text from the start of each chapter afterward.
5. Then I did a Bulk Rename, placing part00 at the beginning of each page filename, then specifying to start numbering at the appropriate number.

It all took a while, but worked well.

P.S. Kovid, perhaps you could add a Split marker option, like Sigil has?
P.S.S. First time I have used the calibre Editor, as I was not really properly aware of it, and have just used Sigil in the past, which it is very similar to I might add. Aside from the '<' button being a Revert one, which I keep thinking is a Back button, I quite like it.

Last edited by Timboli; 09-03-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #1157
mickoz74
mickoz74 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire, nook simple touch, ipad
It would be nice if connecting your different e readers to calibre on phone tablet etc that they could sync to page read, I know they all use different systems but the text in the book is the same, it would be awesome if they could search for a paragraph or sentence and mark it there, maybe mark it on the book in the library and the reader can search that book for the page. Even if it works on the original readers only and not the apps to control the parameters. Just a thought this program and the author is extremely clever well done
mickoz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #1158
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Two ideas

I have two ideas:

1. Unique column duplicator

2. Library backup

The first idea, unique column duplicator came to mind when I kept having to duplicate custom columns with appending unique characters so that merging libraries will not lose data. Long text, tags shown in the tag browser, dates and yes/no do not merge.

Many libraries have the same columns.

I got tired of losing fixed data when copying books from one library to another, mainly when consolidating whole libraries. I didn’t like having to weed through duplicates if I create new book records. To prevent this, I have been creating duplicate composite columns with a unique string appended to the name. In all my libraries I have a Date Read {#dateread} column this isn’t helpful when copying one book to another library with the same book in it with the same #dateread column. If I create a new record I still have to merge the two manually at some point or another. Copying book data overwrites fixed data as well. So I just create new columns and copy/paste from the original to create a unique column with the same data that can now be compared side by side when merging records.

Helpful for reviews, get file names, and anything else you don’t want to lose.
I have seen many plugins scan a library to see if there is appropriate columns and if not the plugin generates them automatically.

My desired goal is to have a plugin that can either allow a user to enter the unique string or has the plugin follow a set pattern and indicate what column is to be duplicated.

The second idea is a plugin that gives users a Mulligan if they ruin their libraries in a session. It copies the metadata.db file into a separate folder every time a library is accessed, so whatever damage that has been done in that one session can be reset closer to time than a computer restore point and much quicker. Sure you need to do a vacuumed and check and remove any books you added in that session, but it’s still better than doing an entire library reset which takes longer, and may or may not even be available. If a user realizes they screwed up and need to go back they close the library, copy the saved metadata.db over to the library to be restored, start Calibre back up, and it’s

Last edited by Rellwood; 09-12-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #1159
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I have two ideas:

1. Unique column duplicator

2. Library backup
How are you merging? Copy to Library inserts custom column data into the SAME (type and #name) for me. types:Y/N,Tags,Datetime,&separated, float

You must have a small Library? My metadata.db is almost 46M and I have heard numbers like 86M tossed about
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #1160
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Rellwood - On your second point. If you copy (backup) a library database, add, remove, or change title or author of any books, and then restore that copy (backup) of the database to library folder there will be inconsistencies between the database and the library folder structure. You would need to identify the inconsistencies via Library Maintenance->Check Library and resolve manually.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:19 AM   #1161
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I have two ideas:
2. Library backup
It copies the metadata.db file into a separate folder every time a library is accessed, so whatever damage that has been done in that one session can be reset closer to time than a computer restore point and much quicker. Sure you need to do a vacuumed and check and remove any books you added in that session, but it’s still better than doing an entire library reset which takes longer, and may or may not even be available. If a user realizes they screwed up and need to go back they close the library, copy the saved metadata.db over to the library to be restored, start Calibre back up, and it’s
This is a really bad idea and the master footprint of every disaster in a database system. Exactly this takes care of a not in sync and inconsistent library. There is already a (better and 100% save) build in solution. It is called Restore database (pls. see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#library).

+1 @BR
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #1162
mohamedselim
Technophile
mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Xiaomi redmi 5+ ,kindle Voyage etc
Please add right to left browsing book support

Please add right to left book support as adding plugin to change the line

<spine toc="ncx">

inside content.opf of epub files
to

<spine toc="ncx" page-progression-direction="rtl">

for the books that we choose and then we select the plugin then the line is changed to support right to left browsing of books
You could name the plugin Rt2Lt Books for example
That will simplify mass edit of books to be browsed right to left in epub format that could be converted to other formats for all languages that have right to left browsing of books
Thanks alot

Last edited by mohamedselim; 09-17-2018 at 09:22 PM.
mohamedselim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:59 AM   #1163
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
It would be great a LanguageTool Calibre editor plugin similar to the LanguageTool Sigil plugin of Doitsu.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=276005
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #1164
marcb81
marcb81 began at the beginning.

Plugin for mouse drag and drop sorting

I would like a plugin that
1. Automatically add a new custom column called for example "mouse sorting"
2. Enables mouse drag and drop sorting moving the ebooks cover in the bookshelf view

How can this be done ?
Any suggestions n how to implement it?
Thanks
marcb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #1165
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think you want the Reading List plugin
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #1166
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
How are you merging? Copy to Library inserts custom column data into the SAME (type and #name) for me. types:Y/N,Tags,Datetime,&separated, float

You must have a small Library? My metadata.db is almost 46M and I have heard numbers like 86M tossed about
What does having a small libary have to do with it?
My main library is 60M so I guess that is big, but I have so....many.....old.....libaries that all have the same books, but different metadata. I am tying to merge them together but not lose those non-mergable columns. Dates don't merge to keep both values. It's one or the other, I want both. If I want to make sure that I have the right/all the correct dates or whatever bit of data I want, I need to save those columns from being merged into their counterparts in other libaries.

I have way too many redundant libararies over the years, and am trying to consolodate the data that isn't always the same. I have different sources and add dates, as well as different tags and Goodreads shelves. So the ones that I don't want to be lost (dates) get duplicated into the merged libary. That way libary 1 date added and library 2 date added is both represented if the books are the same.

Not sure if that makes sense

Last edited by Rellwood; 09-19-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:30 PM   #1167
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Rellwood - On your second point. If you copy (backup) a library database, add, remove, or change title or author of any books, and then restore that copy (backup) of the database to library folder there will be inconsistencies between the database and the library folder structure. You would need to identify the inconsistencies via Library Maintenance->Check Library and resolve manually.

BR
Instead of restore database which may or may not be up to date with my metadata, I do previous versions of the .db file and then go into library maintenance to clean up. I might lose the recent changes, but I don't lose entire columns (if I make a mistake and use replace instead of append or prepend in copy/replace)
Old 09-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #1168
mohamedselim
Technophile
mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Xiaomi redmi 5+ ,kindle Voyage etc
Could anybody create the plugin ? I think it will benefit mass edit all those with right to left languages?
mohamedselim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #1169
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamedselim View Post
Please add right to left book support as adding plugin to change the line

<spine toc="ncx">

inside content.opf of epub files
to

<spine toc="ncx" page-progression-direction="rtl">

for the books that we choose and then we select the plugin then the line is changed to support right to left browsing of books
You could name the plugin Rt2Lt Books for example
That will simplify mass edit of books to be browsed right to left in epub format that could be converted to other formats for all languages that have right to left browsing of books
Thanks alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamedselim View Post
Could anybody create the plugin ? I think it will benefit mass edit all those with right to left languages?
Moderator Notice
I moved your thread into here, which is the preferred place to make requests for new plugins

That said, most new plugins are developed by the users who first need them.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-28-2018 at 05:57 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:53 AM   #1170
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I would love a tag-wrangling plugin for Archive of Our OWN (AO3).

Working in collaboration with FFF and preferably one where we could share information between the users.

Something that would let us create Meta-tags, or simply replacing one tag with another.

https://archiveofourown.org/wrangling_guidelines

The built-in Tag rules only works on the built-in tag-column.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development