Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #1651
qspeed
qspeed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
A quick perusal of the Heroku site suggests it's not gonna be simple to do that.

Have you considered full web hosting/cloud computing? Google Cloud Platform offers a free tier that's probably more than sufficient for most home users.
Yes, Heroku isn't simple.

Google Cloud Platform isn't free. When I registered, it's free 12 months.

Because I want to use personal, so I need free

If you can, please guide me about Google Cloud Platform. Thanks so much ^^

Last edited by qspeed; 06-26-2018 at 07:26 AM.
qspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #1652
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by qspeed View Post
Yes, Heroku isn't simple.

Google Cloud Platform isn't free. When I registered, it's free 12 months.

Because I want to use personal, so I need free

If you can, please guide me about Google Cloud Platform. Thanks so much ^^
GCP has an Always Free tier.

https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/f...sked-questions
Quote:
Google Cloud Platform Free Tier

The Google Cloud Platform Free Tier is your opportunity to learn and use GCP for free. It has two parts: a 12-month, $300 credit free trial and Always Free. The 12-month, $300 free trial allows you to use any GCP product. Always Free allows you to try participating products for free up to their non-expiring usage limits, making it easy for you to test and develop with these products.
For the Google Compute Engine, the following is included in always free:
  • 1 f1-micro instance per month (US regions only - Excluding Northern Virginia)
  • 30 GB-months HDD, 5 GB-months snapshot
  • 1 GB network egress from North America to all region destinations per month (excluding China and Australia)

Amazon (AWS) may offer something similar.

I don't have experience with GCP or AWS but I'm sure there are plenty of tutorials available on the web.

I think a LAMP (Linux, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL, and PHP) stack is probably the quickest way to get you going.
https://cloud.google.com/launcher/so...oy-images/lamp

Ignore the $24.67-34.67 estimate. That estimate is if you choose the n1-standard-1 paid tier server (vCPU: 1, RAM: 3.75 GB). If you want to use the free tier, you need to choose f1-micro server (vCPU: shared, RAM: 0.60 GB)
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2018, 11:47 PM   #1653
qspeed
qspeed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW
Thanks for help, ilovejedd

BUt, I want to connect Dropbox to COPS : Calibre OPDS PHP Server, what do I need?

In file "config_default.php", I edit "calibre_path" many links but they appear "Not found" , and I don't have got any vps/host for calibre library.

Last edited by qspeed; 06-27-2018 at 12:06 AM.
qspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:11 AM   #1654
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qspeed View Post
Thanks for help, ilovejedd

BUt, I want to connect Dropbox to COPS : Calibre OPDS PHP Server, what do I need?

In file "config_default.php", I edit "calibre_path" many links but they appear "Not found" , and I don't have got any vps/host for calibre library.
Good luck with that. What you want is far more complicated than regular (free) webhosting solutions. You'd probably have more luck coding something from scratch using Dropbox API.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:38 AM   #1655
chili666
chili666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
All I get is a spinner - doesn't load

Hi,

after bit of trial and error I have COPS up and running - almost.

When I click on a link (to see authors, alphabetical list, whatever) all I get is a spinner at the top and nothing happens...

Is this because my library is too large? Ich have around 2000 documents in there right now... COPS is running on a raspberry2, which is running nothing else besides the apache2 server...

Any help? Thanks!
chili666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #1656
Saskir21
Saskir21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS T1
Good day,

I have a samll problem with COPS running in a docker VM. If I want to download a file it only offers it with a shortened file name. As an example:

This is a series - Volume 01: Whatever.epub

gets shortened to:

This is a series - V.epub

Which gives me a headache when I add it on my kindle as it overwrites the other volumes (the name is shown right as it is in the metadata).

What am I doing wrong? Last time I tried it I did change over to calibre-web (where it works) but I prefer COPS.
Saskir21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #1657
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@chili666

2000 books should not be a problem for cops on a raspberry pi, unless you have a very slow sd-card.

To check if the number of books is a problem just create a calibre library with just 3 to 5 books and try again in cops.

What is the output of http://<lan-ip>/cops/checkconfig.php ?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #1658
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@Saskir21

What docker container (on what hardware and OS) did you use?

Maybe I can reproduce your issue. (After the weekend.)
Your problem does not sound familiar to me, and I do not have a Kindle (I thought a kindle used mobi not epub?)
Old 08-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #1659
Saskir21

@mariosipad

Yeah the kindle uses mobi files. But this happens either on the kindle and on other machines like PC with Windows.

I run the VM in a rancherOS maschine in a Freenas enviroment. Now I am running Freenas 11.1 u5 but this also happened in Freenas Corral. If I run COPS on a RPi then I have np at all. So it must be something with the VM but I don't find a solution.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #1660
mariosipad
Guru

@Saskir21

What VM (Docker image) are you using exactly?
Old 08-12-2018, 04:10 AM   #1661
Saskir21

@mariosipad

The one from LinuxServer
Old 08-13-2018, 05:19 AM   #1662
mariosipad
Guru

@Saskir21

I installed linuxserver/cops (docker pull linuxserver/cops) on my Debian Stretch server.

then:
Code:
docker create 
--name=cops 
-v /home/user/docker/cops:/config 
-v /home/user/docker/cops/ebooks:/books 
-e PGID=1000 
-e PUID=1000 
-e TZ=Europe/Amsterdam 
-p 8888:80 
linuxserver/cops
then:
Code:
docker start cops
then in a browser (OSX - safari and firefox):
Code:
http:/<lan-ip>:8888
Cops works. Downloading books works without truncating filenames.

I did not change anything in config_local.php. Did you?

My preliminary conclusion:
- cops = ok
- docker container (VM) = ok
- rancherOS = probably ok
- freenas = should work

Did you use cops on your raspberry pi with a docker container?
Old 10-04-2018, 03:31 AM   #1663
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
This is a call to action for COPS translators.
There are 9 new strings to translate in COPS (they are just language names).
You can also translate any old strings and proofread the translation just using your computer/mobile internet browser, no software to install.

Please enter Cops Transifex Project at
https://www.transifex.com/rberec/cops/

In a week from today I will send all the work done to Cops github as a PR to be merged with the current Cops version.
Note: if you are not yet a translator please use Transifex page to send a request to become one.
Translations will be updated regularly, so you can keep on translating.
Did I mention that it's FREE?!
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:48 AM   #1664
victorn
victorn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (5 years old)
Accessing COPS on Synology via internet

Hi everybody, this is my first post so please be gentle with me!
I have installed a Synology NAS DS412+ running DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1.
I have also installed Web station and all the other required packages, such as Apache, PHP, etc.,etc.
I finally installed COPS (downloaded and installed from the syno community repository) in a subdirectory of the web directory of the NAS, called cops.
I have a Calibre database in my Windows 10 PC which I copied to the NAS (which is mapped as a network drive to the PC) and placed it in a directory called 'calibre'. This directory is not a subdirectory of web, but resides on its on, on the same level as the web directory.
I have no difficulty accessing the calibre library when I do it from my local LAN.
When I run quickconnect.to/mynas/cops/checkconfig.php all the items are ok, rendering is on the client, and when I run quickconnect.to/mynas/cops/index.php the library page opens up beautifully. However I have been totally unsuccessful in running it from a remote location. The same urls as above are never found.
Can someone please tell me what am I missing?
thank you in advance for any help.
PS I can access the videos stored on the nas remotely however without any problems using the DS Video app.
victorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #1665
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

A few questions:
  1. Is there a way for COPS to sort authors, tags, custom columns, etc. by popularity (number of books) instead of alphabetical?
  2. For the book lists and book preview/detail, is it possible to just skip displaying a category if the value is empty?

e.g. Instead of showing this:
    Code:
    Tags: A Song of Ice and Fire
    Pairing(s):
    Character(s): Jon Snow
    show this instead:
    Code:
    Tags: A Song of Ice and Fire
    Character(s): Jon Snow
  3. Also for book lists and book preview/detail, for some reason it only displays at most one tag per category. Is that intended behavior or is there something wrong with my setup or am I missing a configuration so it would display all tags (or maybe a user-defined number of tags, e.g. 5)?
  4. And is it possible to convert the tag values in book lists and book preview/detail into clickable links?
  5. For comments/summary, is it possible to render these as HTML? (Calibre escapes this in the database and the built-in content server handles the unescape)

in advance.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology