Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #62
jswinden
Nameless Being

Advert
Old 01-18-2017, 09:53 PM   #63
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Yep, that's why they were banned. They were too dangerous in practice.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #64
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Two classic kid's shows from when I was a kid.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:46 PM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My two favs from the 60s:

Advert
Old 01-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #66
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I burned my fingers many times on this.

BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:19 AM   #67
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

A mega blast from the past

I remember a lot of the games, shows and cereal commercials, but not all.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:26 AM   #68
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

The voices behind the Squirrel and the Moose.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:49 AM   #69
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I loved Creepy Crawlers!

Got some bad burns, though!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:43 AM   #70
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Old 01-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #71
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
The Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner Show was my favorite Saturday morning TV show. I'm still trying to figure out how Wylie Coyote had so much money to spend on ACME gadgets. Did anyone else ever want to see an episode with a pile of feathers beside Wylie Coyote who is reclining on the ground with bloated tummy, smiling in content, and belching? I also wanted to see a similar episode where Sylvester ate Tweety Bird! (I think they were on a different show though.) Cartoon birds were rather annoying for some reason, but at least Foghorn Leghorn was funny.

The cartoon characters I could never warm up too though were Disney's. Micky and Porky and their friends were really lame. However I liked the Wonderful World of Disney that aired on Sunday.

Last edited by jswinden; 01-19-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #72
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner Show was my favorite Saturday morning TV show. I'm still trying to figure out how Wylie Coyote had so much money to spend on ACME gadgets. Did anyone else ever want to see an episode with a pile of feathers beside Wylie Coyote who is reclining on the ground with bloated tummy, smiling in content, and belching? I also wanted to see a similar episode where Sylvester ate Tweety Bird! (I think they were on a different show though.) Cartoon birds were rather annoying for some reason, but at least Foghorn Leghorn was funny.

The cartoon characters I could never warm up too though were Disney's. Micky and Porky and their friends were really lame. However I liked the Wonderful World of Disney that aired on Sunday.
Porky pig wasn't Disney. He was one of the Loony Tune characters along with Bugs and the gang. I always liked Mickey and Donald etc. myself. Great fun, but to each their own.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #73
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post

They did have a cartoon where two kids are watching the show and one asks why the Coyote is chasing the Road Runner. The Coyote stops the chase and explains using a cook book that he has to hand. lol. I'd never thought of the issue of $ to buy the gadgets from Acme, but you do wonder why he kept on buying from them when things never worked out for him. Once he bought some earth quake pills and hid them in some bird seed. It didn't affect the Road Runner so the Coyote swallowed a large number of them before noticing the fine print that the pills had no effect on Road Runners.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:25 PM   #74
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Porky pig wasn't Disney. He was one of the Loony Tune characters along with Bugs and the gang. I always liked Mickey and Donald etc. myself. Great fun, but to each their own.
Yes you are right about Porky. I should have remembered the speech impediments that so many of the Loony Tunes characters had, and he definitely had one! I think Warner Bros bought out LT at some point. Daffy was one of my favorite characters. I think one of the funniest scenes was when Daffy and Donald had an appearance together in the Who Shot Roger Rabbit movie. Daffy gets mad and says something like, "That's the lassssssst thime I work with a duck with a sthpeech impediment!"
Old 01-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #75
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
My father made one of those. Wish I still had it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote