Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #16
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Just a heads-up...

Apparently, Amazon's pushing the latest software update to devices gradually. This is done automatically when your Echo's idle.

You can check the device's software version in the Echo app by clicking on Settings. Next, select the top menu choice (name of your Echo). Then scroll down to Echo Software Version. The latest version is 2171 (from 2100).

Mine hasn't updated yet. I'd be interested to know if anyone's received it and would like to know if Amazon informs us (via notification in the app, perhaps?) of the specific improvements/bug fixes.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Mine hasn't updated yet. I'd be interested to know if anyone's received it and would like to know if Amazon informs us (via notification in the app, perhaps?) of the specific improvements/bug fixes.
I have the 2171 update. Don't know when I got it. I followed your instructions to see. Under the device name is a strange place to put these settings. Oh well...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #18
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
What's the deal with the shopping list? How would I retrieve it while out shopping?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:52 PM   #19
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
What's the deal with the shopping list? How would I retrieve it while out shopping?
Uhhh, from your phone?

I don't have one, but it would seem that the todo and shopping list would be maintained in the Echo App on your phone.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #20
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
Quote:
Yes, it is on your echo app on your phone. Click on the app then menu. You have Shopping and To do list there. I am hoping at some point they come out with an app that makes it more accessible.
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #21
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have the 2171 update. Don't know when I got it. I followed your instructions to see. Under the device name is a strange place to put these settings. Oh well...
My Echo's still at 2100. It'd be nice if Amazon would let us know in the app if additional features are added when the device is updated.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
My Echo's still at 2100. It'd be nice if Amazon would let us know in the app if additional features are added when the device is updated.
Yeah, I agree. Right now, I have no idea if anything was added or not.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #23
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Does Echo only retrieve music from the cloud, or can it find and play an mp3 file from your computer?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Does Echo only retrieve music from the cloud, or can it find and play an mp3 file from your computer?
Only from the Amazon Music cloud. You get free unlimited storage for all music purchased from Amazon. For non-Amazon music, you get 250 songs free or 250,000 songs for $25/year.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #25
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Uhhh, from your phone?

I don't have one, but it would seem that the todo and shopping list would be maintained in the Echo App on your phone.
Ah. I didn't know there was an app. Haven't received my Echo yet, it won't arrive til mid-Feb.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #26
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Ah. I didn't know there was an app. Haven't received my Echo yet, it won't arrive til mid-Feb.
The app's available at the Amazon Appstore and Google Play.

You can also access Echo from a computer at echo.amazon.com. Those who prefer a paper shopping list can print it from there.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:07 PM   #27
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Only from the Amazon Music cloud. You get free unlimited storage for all music purchased from Amazon. For non-Amazon music, you get 250 songs free or 250,000 songs for $25/year.
Thanks.

I keep waffling on Echo. First I wasn't interested at all, but after a bit I thought I might as well request the invitation anyway. When people started getting the thing, I got excited about it. Today I received the invitation and I'm second-guessing again, wondering if I should buy. Decisions, decisions!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #28
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Well you could be like me, I ordered one when I got the invite, then canceled the order almost immediately. Then decided might as well order it as I only had six days to accept the invite, and it would be three weeks probably before delivery. Now the family's excited, so I guess it'll be arriving.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #29
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Well you could be like me, I ordered one when I got the invite, then canceled the order almost immediately. Then decided might as well order it as I only had six days to accept the invite, and it would be three weeks probably before delivery. Now the family's excited, so I guess it'll be arriving.
I'll probably order. When I checked right after getting the invitation, the ship date was February 23; now Amazon is showing the ship date as May 4! Wonder what the reason for the long delay is?
Old 01-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #30
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'll probably order. When I checked right after getting the invitation, the ship date was February 23; now Amazon is showing the ship date as May 4! Wonder what the reason for the long delay is?
I wonder if a lot of the initial invites did not jump on the product, but as more and more folks have become interested it's a much greater percentage ordering an Echo?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote