Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #31
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Mazzancolle (Penaeus kerathurus) in the pan with herbs. Salad. Gewurtz Traminer for Wife
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #32
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It came out a treat. I fried the tails of the big shrimps with butter and a little olive oil. Came up with brandy and than with Provence herbs. The salad was in white and green with thin stripes of green chicory, thin slices of celery and of raw fennels. French Olive oil and salt. The girls were as I wanted them. Ecstatic and fully absorbed by the sensations of the food. I did a proper job in complimenting them for their good looks, sharp wit and accomplishments in school: one teaches and research, the other one just goes there.

Everybody is happy. For the moment.
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #33
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Wow your like a five star restaurant chef!

I just made some glazed sourcream donuts, fairly good but not as good as Tim Hortons
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #34
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
Wow your like a five star restaurant chef!

I just made some glazed sourcream donuts, fairly good but not as good as Tim Hortons
It takes the same time and effort to cook good food than lousy. And the trick is to buy expensive ingredients, not fancy or exotic, just of good expensive quality. Food is worst than clothes from this respect. The more you spend the more you enjoy. There is an instructive short story by Melville about poor people food and how bad it is. Luckily I have the girls that are not on a diet, so I can still make good things, for them mostly. For tomorrow night I have a nice two pounder rib steak. We all love it blue. I'll make MW French Fries for the girls and Brussels sprouts in some fancy northerner fashion for me and them, like split in two and almost burned on bacon fat. To gain flavor they have to be mistreated a bit, the stupid things. I have a Croz Hermitage that keeps smiling at me from the cave, i might have half a glass of it just to show to my virtue who is the boss. With the drinking I can relent a little. Not with the smoking.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #35
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Chicken scalloppini with lemon mushroom cream sauce. Oh. My. Goodness.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #36
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
There was cauliflower in my vegetable delivery today, and I roasted the florets in the oven with olive oil and salt & pepper. It was so good.

(And beppe, I had some brussel sprouts in a local mom-and-pop restaurant the other day that had been oven-roasted. They were by far the best-tasting brussel sprouts I've ever had. No bitterness at all.)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #37
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
The father of the owner of my favorite Chinese restaurant became seriously diabetic. He told his son that he would rather die than give up rice. His son respected his father's wish.

I'm now borderline diabetic and must give up breads and sweets. The sweets are no problem, there're many substitutes.

But the breads! I can identify with that father!

For those in the US I can make 2 recommendations.

Regarding bread-bread (I'm not stuttering ), there's Pepperidge Farm Bread - Carb Style. I use the Low Carb 7 Grain Bread. My blood sugar doesn't even go bump. With regular whole grain bread it does go way past bump. Not as bad as "normal" bread, but still bad.

Regarding pasta-bread products, I've just found (last Saturday) Dreamfields Pasta. I've only tried the Angel Hair pasta but the blood sugar was normal when tested. I can't wait to try making lasagna again.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #38
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Lentil salad, chickpea salad with adzuki beans, roasted cauliflower with feta and almonds, grilled zucchini, and imam bayendi. A great veggie feast!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #39
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Lentil salad, chickpea salad with adzuki beans, roasted cauliflower with feta and almonds, grilled zucchini, and imam bayendi. A great veggie feast!
The imam bayendi sounds good. Can you point us to a good recipe?
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #40
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
It takes the same time and effort to cook good food than lousy. And the trick is to buy expensive ingredients, not fancy or exotic, just of good expensive quality. Food is worst than clothes from this respect. The more you spend the more you enjoy. There is an instructive short story by Melville about poor people food and how bad it is. Luckily I have the girls that are not on a diet, so I can still make good things, for them mostly. For tomorrow night I have a nice two pounder rib steak. We all love it blue. I'll make MW French Fries for the girls and Brussels sprouts in some fancy northerner fashion for me and them, like split in two and almost burned on bacon fat. To gain flavor they have to be mistreated a bit, the stupid things. I have a Croz Hermitage that keeps smiling at me from the cave, i might have half a glass of it just to show to my virtue who is the boss. With the drinking I can relent a little. Not with the smoking.
You're totally right, sausage and processed meat products and especially chicken, if you buy them in cheap bulk they not only taste bad but are bad with the stuff they put in it, but if you buy it from a local butcher/farm they are much better and actually taste like meat. I'd rather have less good meat than allot of bad/cheap meat. If you've ever seen the tv show on BBC "kill it,cook it, eat it" it shows how much better the animals are treated on a farm. Rib steak is awesome never had it rare though, how is that?

Back on topic I'm eating chili with taco chips.

Last edited by The Terminator; 02-19-2011 at 01:53 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #41
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
The imam bayendi sounds good. Can you point us to a good recipe?
I'd love to. Only I don't half won. Sorry. I ate out. I'm intent on making it myself, though, and will post it when I do.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #42
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
The father of the owner of my favorite Chinese restaurant became seriously diabetic. He told his son that he would rather die than give up rice. His son respected his father's wish.

I'm now borderline diabetic and must give up breads and sweets. The sweets are no problem, there're many substitutes.

But the breads! I can identify with that father!

For those in the US I can make 2 recommendations.

Regarding bread-bread (I'm not stuttering ), there's Pepperidge Farm Bread - Carb Style. I use the Low Carb 7 Grain Bread. My blood sugar doesn't even go bump. With regular whole grain bread it does go way past bump. Not as bad as "normal" bread, but still bad.

Regarding pasta-bread products, I've just found (last Saturday) Dreamfields Pasta. I've only tried the Angel Hair pasta but the blood sugar was normal when tested. I can't wait to try making lasagna again.
Pepperidge Farm is usually pretty good no matter what. I'm going to try that bread just on general principles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Oh yum! A Texas girl I may be, but I like me some veggies, too.

Quote:
You're totally right, sausage and processed meat products and especially chicken, if you buy them in cheap bulk they not only taste bad but are bad with the stuff they put in it, but if you buy it from a local butcher/farm they are much better and actually taste like meat. I'd rather have less good meat than allot of bad/cheap meat. If you've ever seen the tv show on BBC "kill it,cook it, eat it" it shows the good meat from the bad, and how much better the animals are treated. Rib steak is awesome never had it rare though, how is that?

I miss living in Texas for the meat. I could call a few rancher buddies, basically go out to the pasture, pick an animal, pay the guy, and go pick it up at the local meat processing plant a week later. (I usually skipped the "go out to the pasture and pick an animal" part, and just trusted the rancher's judgement!). I also had a friend that had kids that raised hogs for FFA(Future Farmers of America) and she was good about letting me buy a portion of the hogs when they were sold/butchered.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #43
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If you've ever seen the tv show on BBC "kill it,cook it, eat it" it shows the good meat from the bad, and how much better the animals are treated. Rib steak is awesome never had it rare though, how is that?

Not so far back there was a discussion on the topic.

I seldom eat meat. Once in a while ...
Old 02-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #44
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Lunch. Steamed spinaches, tuna fish out of the can. Gunpowder tea. Virtue wears a loose dress buttoned high under the neck, ankle length and long sleeves. A large beret over her hair and big black sunglasses. She could have ruby lips, but they are hidden by her gloved hand. No perfume. Nothing. Not even posture. Virtue.

Spoiler:
At least ancient Romans and Virginia State represented Virtue with a bare breast ... Those were the times ...
In which there is a little skin

Last edited by beppe; 02-18-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #45
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Lunch. Steamed spinaches, tuna fish out of the can. Gunpowder tea. Virtue wears a loose dress buttoned high under the neck, ankle length and long sleeves. A large beret over her hair and big black sunglasses. She could have ruby lips, but they are hidden by her gloved hand. No perfume. Nothing. Not even posture. Virtue.

Spoiler:
At least ancient Romans and Virginia State represented Virtue with a bare breast ... Those were the times ...
In which there is a little skin
Beppe, you make virtue almost look booring
Tell us about the rewards of being virtuous (just in case there are any).
On my plate: some goat cheese. I don't lunch normally.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terminator production