Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
What is on your plate

There's a "What is in your cup" thread, so why not have a "What's is on your plate" thread too. So I have some Bread fresh from the oven.

Last edited by The Terminator; 06-22-2011 at 08:44 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I'm making Pho from scratch. working on the broth now
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
linguine with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes, a sauteed portabello mushroom on the side
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
linguine with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes, a sauteed portabello mushroom on the side
Sounds good.

KK Whats Pho?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, and corn. Dinner time
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
Sounds good.

KK Whats Pho?
Pho so so good! and of course about 15 minutes after I posted that the power went out. so i turned everything off. it just came back on a little while ago, almost 0200 here. so I turned it back on very low and threw in some of the fragrant herbs. will deal with it further in a few hours. I want to try to get a bit more sleep.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Cottage pie - or will be in about an hour.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
We have a whats in your cup thread so hey why not have a whats on your plate thread. So whats on your plate today? I'm eating fresh bread with butter right now
that's exactly what I intend to have for my breakfast tomorrow! which comes in 10 mins
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
We had no leftovers so I stopped at the store and got a Boston Market frozen dinner. Meat Loaf and mashed potatoes!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
We have a whats in your cup thread so hey why not have a whats on your plate thread. So whats on your plate today? I'm eating fresh bread with butter right now
Good idea.

The girls have fried fish (fish, octopuses, calamaris rings and shrimps) and fried legumes (zucchini, artichokes, cauliflower) in a tempura batter.
I am om a strict diet, so it is steamed rapini and canned tuna fish. Eh.
Wife is drinking Italian Tokai, myself sparkling water, Little daughter, no-caffeine Coke.
it could be a super dinner. It depends on the mood. For the moment it is quite good.
To make it better I will mix a sidecar for Wife, this might do the trick. Chips and pitted olives.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Good idea.

Wife is drinking Italian Tokai,
Is that like Hungarian Tokai but...well, Italian?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Is that like Hungarian Tokai but...well, Italian?
Well, it is the same grapes. Traditionally (I mean since the times of the Austro Ungarian Empire) they make a good Tokai wine in Eastern Italy (Friuli), really good, they do the dry only, not the sweetish exceptionally good Hungarian. BTW, there is not a great geographical distance between the locations. Recently the Hungarians won an international legal dispute so they only can use the Tokai denomination, which is just fair, as they do not have that much more to show off. So the Italians have to call their Tokai, Friulano.

it is a very good dry white wine, with depth and subtleties. I still have a case more or less. With fish and light food is just heavenly,

Last edited by beppe; 02-15-2011 at 02:48 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
TGS
Country Member

Thanks for that Beppe. My ex-father-in-law was Hungarian and always kept the Hungarian sweet Tokai, which he served with his wife's traditional Hungarian cooking. I shall keep my eyes open for Friulano, (I always thought it was a cheese!).
Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
The Terminator
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Pho so so good! and of course about 15 minutes after I posted that the power went out. so i turned everything off. it just came back on a little while ago, almost 0200 here. so I turned it back on very low and threw in some of the fragrant herbs. will deal with it further in a few hours. I want to try to get a bit more sleep.
I suppose you don't use the ox tails?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
The Terminator
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Good idea.

The girls have fried fish (fish, octopuses, calamaris rings and shrimps) and fried legumes (zucchini, artichokes, cauliflower) in a tempura batter.
I am om a strict diet, so it is steamed rapini and canned tuna fish. Eh.
Wife is drinking Italian Tokai, myself sparkling water, Little daughter, no-caffeine Coke.
it could be a super dinner. It depends on the mood. For the moment it is quite good.
To make it better I will mix a sidecar for Wife, this might do the trick. Chips and pitted olives.
Is that like a Pakora's

Tags
terminator production