Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
Twila Harger
Twila Harger began at the beginning.

Device: Twila's 2nd Kindle Kindle Fire
Newbie with questions about setting up CC

I keep getting a message: password needed for Calibre Library. I feel like an idiot. What password are they looking for? I don't have one for my Calibre library and I don't know how to delete that as a requirement for starting the wireless connectivity between my Kindle Fire and my Calibre on my laptop.
Twila Harger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twila Harger View Post
I keep getting a message: password needed for Calibre Library. I feel like an idiot. What password are they looking for? I don't have one for my Calibre library and I don't know how to delete that as a requirement for starting the wireless connectivity between my Kindle Fire and my Calibre on my laptop.
There are 3 passwords (1 is really called a passphrase): 1 To allow a device connect to YOUR WiFi network (for any reason),
and
the second is in Calibres Content Server (Note The Note in red).
The Third is for Wireless device connection (does not need to be the same as #2)

If you can surf from your device, #1 is good

So which way did you try to connect with CC? Content server or Wireless Device Connection?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre companion, password