Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-17-2023, 05:45 PM   #1621
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzer0815 View Post
Thanks for the hint.
Unfortunately, my English is bad. I would be grateful for a link to get started.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...26#post4297326

And subsequent posts

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 05:52 PM   #1622
Nutzer0815
Nutzer0815 began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Thanks, I misunderstood.
Nutzer0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 04:41 PM   #1623
sendb00ks
sendb00ks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic- 2022-11th generation
can count pages transfer the changes by email or send to kindle? I was able to get the pages to show up if I transferred by USB, but the problem with that is that it doesn't sync across all my devices so I tried email by doing the count pages then sending the new file to my hard drive and sending it by email. no pages, so I tried send through kindle, but still no pages, finally I did email through calibre and yet still no pages..
sendb00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 11:19 PM   #1624
Betelgeuse
Betelgeuse began at the beginning.

Device: None
I've installed the plugin several times, but it's never on the top of my screen with my other plugins. I've already set up a custom column called pages, but there's not an option to select it or any other column when I go to customize the plugin itself. I've already restarted Calibre. Did I do something wrong when it comes to the startup process, or is it a glitch of some kind? Any help you could give would be appreciated.
Betelgeuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 11:45 PM   #1625
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Do you mean the menu? Go to Calibre preferences > Toolbars & Menus. If I remember right, it'll only offer to add the menu options on the first install and not any subsequent ones.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 11:56 PM   #1626
Betelgeuse

Thank you! That worked. Do you have any suggestions for what might be wrong with the plugin customization?
Old 02-27-2023, 12:05 AM   #1627
Betelgeuse

I think I've got it now! I just needed to add a new column as the Integer type. Thanks for you help ownedbycats.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:30 PM   #1628
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See attachment for the relevant CP configuration

If I have a comic-book with just a CBZ file, the CP PI will count the images and update my #images column. Perfect.

However if I also have a RAR containing several video clips for the book, the CP plugin does something but it doesn't update my #images column with the number of images in the CBZ. Bummer.

If I rename the .RAR in the book folder to a .BAR the CP plugin counts the images in the CBZ and updates my #images column. I can live with that, but others mayn't want to.

For textual books: if the preferred format is present the PI uses it to count/calc stats. Maybe there should be a Preferred format for Text books, and another one for Graphical books.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CP Comics Lib.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	200098  

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-04-2023 at 10:32 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:51 PM   #1629
sendb00ks
sendb00ks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic- 2022-11th generation
The pages stop transferring to my kindle..anyone had similar experience ? I can get it to count but it won’t attach to the book anymore, I tried closing it and restarting it, deleting the book and adding it again still no luck
sendb00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:10 AM   #1630
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendb00ks View Post
can count pages transfer the changes by email or send to kindle? I was able to get the pages to show up if I transferred by USB, but the problem with that is that it doesn't sync across all my devices so I tried email by doing the count pages then sending the new file to my hard drive and sending it by email. no pages, so I tried send through kindle, but still no pages, finally I did email through calibre and yet still no pages..
What you are trying to do will not work.

What you can do that will work is to define your column for the page numbers for Calibre to use when it generates Kindle page numbers. But then you can only use Calibre via USB to transfer the page number file to the Kindle with your eBook. Send-to-Kindle is not going to work at all. You'll have to give that up.

I don't get why so many use Send-to-Kindle when it doesn't do what they want and side loading via Calibre/USB does.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #1631
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
W<snip>

I don't get why so many use Send-to-Kindle when it doesn't do what they want and side loading via Calibre/USB does.
I can see using Whispernet if you do not have a computer (or allowed to use the USB (but then, should your books be on that computer?).

The whole point was of the Amazon system was No Computer Required (to spend gobs of money on books from them. nothing wrong with that business plan. It made e-reading easy).

Direct USB to device is (usually) way faster (and it allows stuff to be done that OTA does not). The cable is needed to charge, so why not use it for transfer.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 12:06 PM   #1632
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I can see using Whispernet if you do not have a computer (or allowed to use the USB (but then, should your books be on that computer?).

The whole point was of the Amazon system was No Computer Required (to spend gobs of money on books from them. nothing wrong with that business plan. It made e-reading easy).

Direct USB to device is (usually) way faster (and it allows stuff to be done that OTA does not). The cable is needed to charge, so why not use it for transfer.
I don't know of anyone who has a Reader and does not have a computer. That's not to say that there aren't people with a Reader and no computer. But then if you don't have a computer, would you Internet access?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 12:29 PM   #1633
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I...
But then if you don't have a computer, would you Internet access?
They sure would not be posting Q's here at MR
BTW While I have not tried it, I have null (modem) USB cord that I can connect between a dumb reader/MP3 player and my phone (tether)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 07:07 PM   #1634
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
I don't know of anyone who has a Reader and does not have a computer. That's not to say that there aren't people with a Reader and no computer. But then if you don't have a computer, would you Internet access?
I imagine there's at least a few Kindle users who have only a Chromebook, which I don't think you can run Calibre on.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:49 PM   #1635
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I imagine there's at least a few Kindle users who have only a Chromebook, which I don't think you can run Calibre on.
It's been done under Crostini but a real crap shoot when it comes to connecting to a USB device.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin