Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-19-2022, 11:44 AM   #1
student500
student500 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max Lumi 2
Onyx (or any Android devices) and Amazon books

Hi All!

I am going to buy a reader in order to read PDF's and Amazon books with formulas.
So, it should have a wide screen (Kindle devices will not do the job), ideally as a small laptop.

I have found out that Onyx has very huge screens up to 13" and they also run Android.
So I thought, it should be possible to just install the Android market and Kindle Reader App on it, wouldn't it? Has anyone tried to do that, reading Kindle books on Android based device (preferably Onyx) (without resorting to some unofficial hackery, where one would extract Kindle book, convert it using unofficial converter etc.)?

It looks like a valid use-case to me, but who knows if there are some licensing restrictions, that Amazon/Onyx impose on their content... So I wanted to be on the safe side before buying any devices.
student500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:58 PM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Yes you can do that. Oynx let's you sideload apps out of the box and it's also easy to install the Google Play Store. I have the Kindle app on both my Boox devices. Only problem is the apps aren't designed with eInk in mind but a bit of fiddling with the app optimization settings gets them pretty usable IMO.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote