Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #61
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I'm definitely holding off. Apple, it seems, is have an across the board set of bad quality with this year's OS releases.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #62
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.pazos knows what's going on.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Sadly, the ADE situation is also problematic. ADE 2.0.1 is 32-bit and will not run on Catalina. ADE 4.x is 64-bit but capable of the hardened DRM that Alf can't handle. From what I hear, Alf does work with ADE 4.x provided Kobo doesn't turn on the "hardened DRM switch", but if/when they do, you're stuck.

I'm staying away from Catalina on my primary Mac, but if there comes a point when I end up upgrading, I will probably use a Windows VM to run ADE 2.0.1 and K4PC for Alf purposes. Either that or an external boot drive running High Sierra.
This is a real option if you rely only on ADE 2.1. Latest Virtualbox 6.0.14 will be released today. Current version 6.0.12 does run on Catalina but it has multiple crashes that require a workaround (or better wait for the new release).

Sadly, I'm no where near to update to Catalina on the internal storage of my macbook. I'm still using High Sierra because 32 bits audio plugins, just updated my usb install from Mojave to Catalina and can confirm that the workflow of ADE in VM and Calibre + Alf on mac works as expected.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #63
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis1 & Voyage, iOS
@pazos — good to know, thanks!!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #64
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPhone XR, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
Apple released a supplemental update to Catalina today

Apple released a supplemental update to Catalina today with bug fixes.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote