Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 06:33 PM   #1
OMGmirxx
OMGmirxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Manga?

I have the Aura edition 2. Is there a way to make it more manga friendly? It cuts off half of my pages.
OMGmirxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGmirxx View Post
I have the Aura edition 2. Is there a way to make it more manga friendly? It cuts off half of my pages.
Are you reading it in PDF or CBZ format?

If it's PDF, you'll need to resize the pages to fit the screen resolution of the Aura 2 (1024 x 768) unless you can cope with it constantly being fit to screen height.

If it's CBZ, it should already be resizing the images to screen. Ditto the ones you buy through the Kobo store.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #3
OMGmirxx
OMGmirxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Are you reading it in PDF or CBZ format?

If it's PDF, you'll need to resize the pages to fit the screen resolution of the Aura 2 (1024 x 768) unless you can cope with it constantly being fit to screen height.

If it's CBZ, it should already be resizing the images to screen. Ditto the ones you buy through the Kobo store.
PDF. How do I resize them?
OMGmirxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #4
rtiangha
Zealot
rtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
PDF. How do I resize them?
Kindle Comic Converter can do it. Although they also say to upgrade your firmware if your Kobo device is cutting off pages. Or you could install and use an alternative reading app like KOReader to view those files.

Last edited by rtiangha; 10-09-2019 at 10:05 PM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #5
ReaLx3m
Zealot
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
You would ideally need to crop the margins on the pages, 6 inches screen with the margins left on the images might not be the best reading experience.
Pm me a link to one of the comic books and let me see what can i do, so you compare one only converted with Kindle Comic Converter and one with margins removed.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote