Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Libra H20 disable Autorotate

Okay, I think the message title says it. How to disable the auto rotate feature on the Libra H20. I found the "official" instructions here:

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...en-orientation

But can't get it to work. I want it set so that I'm always in portrait mode with the buttons on the left with the top button set to page forward. All works, but if I put the device down it, annoyingly, seems to think I want it upside down

I'm running version 4.18.13737 on the device.

Thanks!
Mellobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Official rotation locks only keep it either Portrait or Landscape, but will flip either of these when the device is rotated 180 degrees. Not sure if there's a patch that will lock it to only ONE orientation.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:28 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Additionally, if your Libra is like my new Forma, when I first pick it up to begin reading, it is almost always upside down. It orients itself pretty quickly. I'm not sure why this happens, as I almost always read with the buttons on the right and that's the way I leave it when I put it to sleep. It's quick enough to "fix itself" so it's not really even annoying to me--just something I find curious.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
If that's the way it ... well, I guess that's the way it is. Mildly annoying, but not the end of the world. I tried reading a book in landscape, but I really don't like that. Maybe if my eyes were younger and it did a 2 column presentation? BTW, I really do like the Libra H2O.
Mellobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I created a thread on the same topic

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Forma wakes/powers on w/ held-with-left-hand orientation. I hold with right hand.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It works the opposite for me. I mostly read in my left hand, and it always wants to start "upside down". I have to quickly switch to landscape and flip it back up to get it to read correctly. It's just contrary!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:50 PM   #7
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
When I start my Forma up, it almost always is right side up then immediately flips upside down and then back again so it's right side up. Don't know why it needs to do all the calisthenics each time it wakes up!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:15 AM   #8
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
If you switch how the buttons move through a book from how you have it now to the other setting and then consistently hold it in the same hand you’ll find it no longer flips.

Likewise if it doesn’t flip for you either change hands and wake it, or change the setting and wake it.

As to why it has to do this I’m not sure. It’s been this way on the Forma since it launched so I imagine it’s not exactly a high priority for Kobo possibly because not a lot of people are complaining to them about it.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote