Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #16
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Not too long ago, I was thinking about selling books again on Amazon's Marketplace. However, attempting to log in to my seller page failed. It seems that they closed my seller account and ONLY the seller portion of my account with no notice. True, I hadn't sold books in 5 years or so, but we are talking 100% positive feedback, hard-earned and now lost, if I were to sign up as a seller again. I never had a lot of listings, all the years I sold, it was simply turning around my own purchases.

I can understand they might close an account for inactivity, but NO NOTICE? That I don't get. I had properly set the account on vacation.

No policy violations, no nothing going on, I'm still using the same ID for shopping without issue.

If they DON'T want a good, conscientious book seller that describes things well and honestly and ships promptly, what kind of seller DO they want?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #17
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I hope not. I ordered with prime with free returns, but who knows ? This is the first time a cancelled order was shipped to me. I know if I waited till the next day then it would have been too late to cancel on 2 day shipping, but this was only one hr. after. Maybe I should switch back to delayed shipping ? Just in case.
Refuse the shipment when it arrives. The shipper will return it to Amazon. I would suggest contacting Amazon and letting them know that you refused the package because you had already cancelled it.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
My issues with Amazon over the years has been their policy of using the cheapest delivery method, causing them to miss the "guaranteed" delivery date and their customer service. In general, as long as you don't care when a package arrives, don't have to deal with their customer service and don't do something that triggers them playing hardball, Amazon works. Amazon is all about cost savings not quality or reliability.
I have only had two items ordered that did not arrive by the due date. Some even arrive early. Last week I ordered an item from Amazon with a delivery date of today a Monday. I received yesterday morning around 11:00 am on a Sunday.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #19
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Only thing I order from Amazon is ebooks. I had a similar issue with QVC. I was making too many returns so they threatened to close my account.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #20
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I know this has been discussed before, but...why would you ever buy something that you're not sure you want, then expect to be able to return it? If I make an impulse buy and then later decide I didn't really want it, I would never expect to be able to return it for a refund. I would give it away or sell it (or throw it out, if nobody wanted it)

No retailer is to blame for my bad judgement, and I would never expect one to eat the cost of it. Returns are for things that don't work correctly, or for the occasional article of clothing that doesn't fit because it was sized wrong.

...The old lady wanders off mumbling something about kids today...

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have only had two items ordered that did not arrive by the due date. Some even arrive early. Last week I ordered an item from Amazon with a delivery date of today a Monday. I received yesterday morning around 11:00 am on a Sunday.
Apache
I've had a similar track record. One order out of hundreds that missed the due date ... several that arrived sooner.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I know this has been discussed before, but...why would you ever buy something that you're not sure you want, then expect to be able to return it?
Then why do sellers allow returns for items that aren't defective or damaged?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #23
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Then why do sellers allow returns for items that aren't defective or damaged?
Because they trust people? Because sometimes gifts need to be returned?

It used to be that if something wasn't defective or damaged, the item could only be returned for store credit. I would bet that people being accused of "abusing the returns policy" were much less frequent then.

Shari
Old 04-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Because they trust people? Because sometimes gifts need to be returned?
Just playing the devil's advocate, but if you're not sure about the gift, then why would you buy it?

I rarely return non-defective items, but if a store had a no return policy, I wouldn't shop there.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #25
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Just playing the devil's advocate, but if you're not sure about the gift, then why would you buy it?

I rarely return non-defective items, but if a store had a no return policy, I wouldn't shop there.
I don't think I ever said anything about a "no return policy". What I'm talking about is how I remember stores being years ago, where if it's defective or broken, you can get your money back. If there's nothing wrong with the item, and you're just returning it because you decided you didn't like it or you bought the wrong size, you get store credit.

Shari
Old 04-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #26
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I hope not. I ordered with prime with free returns, but who knows ? This is the first time a cancelled order was shipped to me. I know if I waited till the next day then it would have been too late to cancel on 2 day shipping, but this was only one hr. after. Maybe I should switch back to delayed shipping ? Just in case.
Usually, every time I order something from Amazon. When the message tells me the order has been placed, there is a notice saying it can be cancelled within a certain time frame. (I think the last time I ordered something it was an hour). I should think if you can prove that it was cancelled within that time frame, you'd be off the hook.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #27
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Refuse the shipment when it arrives. The shipper will return it to Amazon. I would suggest contacting Amazon and letting them know that you refused the package because you had already cancelled it.
Apache
Thank you. I'll try that, I'm home today so I'll see the driver. I'll also contact Amazon. I try not to make returns, I've never refused anything before. Hope it goes well.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #28
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Usually, every time I order something from Amazon. When the message tells me the order has been placed, there is a notice saying it can be cancelled within a certain time frame. (I think the last time I ordered something it was an hour). I should think if you can prove that it was cancelled within that time frame, you'd be off the hook.
Thank's ! I didn't know it was within an hr. ? I have gotten messages like your order was successfully canceled. The message could come hrs. later. This time I tried to cancel twice once within an hr. the second time was 12hrs. later when I saw it was still processing but not shipped yet. I'll see what happens when I refuse it today.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #29
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Apache
I'm not saying that it's common, but it does seem to happen at the worst times. Ordered my sister some jewelry for her birthday, ordered it a week in advance and it didn't show up until the day after we celebrated her birthday. They appear to have changed their policy from " we will immediately ship a replacement" to "give it a few days, and if it doesn't show up call us back".

That change took me from being a very happy customer to grumbling about them whenever the subject comes up. I definitely get the impression that they went from really caring about customer service to being indifferent towards it a few years ago.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
A few years ago I hit issues with our account due to too many returns. I still buy a lot but like tubemonkey says I only buy items I know I want and I rarely return. I don't buy from third party sellers at all and rarely review. Touch wood we are now okay, but I also ensure that anything digital I buy is backed up promptly and liberated. Losing our Amazon account wouldn't be a disaster but it would be inconvenient.
I bought an iron (to iron clothes) from a third party seller. I got notified when it was likely to arrive. It was coming via the mail. It didn't arrive then. I gave it some more time and when it still didn't arrive, I contacted the seller to say it has not yet arrived. I was told it probably got lost and my money was refunded.

As for returns, the last thing I returned was a defective case fro my H2O. The magnets didn't line up properly and thus it didn't close.

When I buy something from Amazon and I'm not looking for a specific brand, I look at the description, price, and reviews of multiple items until I make my decision. By doing this, I rarely have to make returns. I don't buy witht he outlook of oh, if I don't like it, I can always return it. I buy with the idea of keeping it. I will return if it's defective and I don't want another. I don't return because I made a mistake and it's not fit for purpose.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote