Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #46
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
History of Middle-Earth, from book 3 to 12. Only book one and two are available. That's because I bought the three (huge) hardcovers that combines multiple books into one volume.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:23 AM   #47
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation
by Robert Burgelman, Clayton Christensen, Steven Wheelwright
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2015, 05:36 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
History of Middle-Earth, from book 3 to 12. Only book one and two are available. That's because I bought the three (huge) hardcovers that combines multiple books into one volume.
Difficult to see how these books could sensibly be made into ebooks, given that a lot of it consists of hand-written manuscripts, etc. It's the type of books which really is best done as a printed book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #49
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Difficult to see how these books could sensibly be made into ebooks, given that a lot of it consists of hand-written manuscripts, etc. It's the type of books which really is best done as a printed book.
That could be; I don't know. I've only read parts of the first and second book at this time, and didn't even read the rest yet. At some point I will, but I can't say when.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:11 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
That could be; I don't know. I've only read parts of the first and second book at this time, and didn't even read the rest yet. At some point I will, but I can't say when.
It would be an extremely costly eBook conversion, I think, and they aren't exactly "best sellers".
Advert
Old 10-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #51
GibbinR
Connoisseur
GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad mini 5, Kindle Oasis 3
(in the UK)
- Most of Larry Niven's 'Known Space' stories and novels (except for Ringworld) which was published in Kindle recently. Also 'Rainbow Mars', The Smoke Ring novels, etc.
- John Varley's Titan novels, also 'Steel Beach', 'The Ophiuchi Hotline'.
- C. J. Cherryh's 'Fortress of Owls'. Also the Morgaine novels, The first Foreigner triloggy, etc.
- Fred Saberhagen's 'Empire of the East' trilogy.
- 'Geta' by Donald Kingsbury.
- Pohl & Kornbluth: 'Wolfbane', 'The Space Merchants' and 'Gladiator at Law'.
GibbinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:50 PM   #52
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
When I was a kid in school, we had to order a book each month from the Scholastic Book Services (SBS). Books by Robb White (Deathwatch, Torpedo Run, Up Periscope, The Survivor,...) were pretty popular, but because of the poor binding, fell apart pretty quickly. So, these books are getting hard to find nowadays. I'd love to see his books republished as ebooks.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #53
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I'd love to get "84, Charing Cross Road" as an ebook. The sequel, The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street is now available for preorder, so I have a tiny bit of hope.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:29 PM   #54
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbinR View Post
(in the UK)
- Most of Larry Niven's 'Known Space' stories and novels (except for Ringworld) which was published in Kindle recently. Also 'Rainbow Mars', The Smoke Ring novels, etc.
- John Varley's Titan novels, also 'Steel Beach', 'The Ophiuchi Hotline'.
- C. J. Cherryh's 'Fortress of Owls'. Also the Morgaine novels, The first Foreigner triloggy, etc.
- Fred Saberhagen's 'Empire of the East' trilogy.
- 'Geta' by Donald Kingsbury.
- Pohl & Kornbluth: 'Wolfbane', 'The Space Merchants' and 'Gladiator at Law'.
The Morgaine novels came out as an omnibus book in Sept.

Thanks for the pointer on Ringworld.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:44 PM   #55
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaiwala View Post
Moby Dick, Ulysses, The Traitor Baru Cormorant, Atlantis Gene, Bitterblue, The People of Sparks.
Moby Dick IS in ebook format.... I had my copy from Amazon for 3 yrs now. I think several more on your list are in ebook format.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:20 AM   #56
ryuji35
Zealot
ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ryuji35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PPW5 Signature, Kobo Libra 2, Samsung Tab S6 Lite
Stanley Weintraub's Victoria and Uncrowned King
ryuji35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:37 AM   #57
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
"Someone to Watch Over Me" by Judith McNaught
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:10 AM   #58
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The Memoirs of Hadrian, a current nominee for the book club
A Pin to See the Peep Show, a fictionalized version of the Thompson-Bywater murder case.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:47 AM   #59
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The Morgaine novels came out as an omnibus book in Sept.
The poster you quoted was talking about ebooks in the UK. Do you have a link to a UK edition, please? I'm unable to find it.

Thanks,
Old 10-29-2015, 05:46 AM   #60
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Thank you ekbell and issybird! I had no idea they were available in Canada.

A little trip and that terrific 50% Kobo coupon and the omnibus book is mine.

Alas no illustrations but I can scan my decrepit old paperbacks and edit them in. Well, one of these days, anyway, as there are so many of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
I was going to say they are in ebook form on Amazon ... and then I remembered I use Amazon.ca
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote