Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2019, 03:13 PM   #271
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymix View Post
Are the last metazoa patch be compatible with mark7 ebooks or are only for the Mark5/6 Ebooks?

http://kobo.lectoreselectronicos.com...4.14.12777.zip

Are you going to release Mark7 metazoa patches?

Thanks
Um, what do you mean by that? The patches work with all hardware versions.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #272
skymix
skymix began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O Edition 2 Version 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Um, what do you mean by that? The patches work with all hardware versions.

Then if i install a KoboRoot with the metazoa packages it should work on my hardware mark7?

I have found this URL with the metazoa package but they referer to mark 5 or mark6:

http://kobo.lectoreselectronicos.com...4.14.12777.zip

DOWNLOAD METAZOA PATCHES APPLIED MARK 5 MARK 6

v.4.14.12777 kobopatch_metazoa_4.14.12777

http://kobo.lectoreselectronicos.com...b/metazoa.html
skymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:46 PM   #273
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
This is the thread you need for firmware 4.14.12777.

But, since you've already posted there today, I have to assume you know that
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:24 AM   #274
skymix

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
This is the thread you need for firmware 4.14.12777.

But, since you've already posted there today, I have to assume you know that
Sorry yes i know it, ihave make by my own my patch, and this works fine!, but my question was about the pregenerated KoboRoot files on other places.

When you make the KoboRoot with the patched for your version, this patch applies only to your hardware, correct?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by skymix; 05-28-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #275
skymix

I have patched my kobo H20 Ed2 V2 without any problem!!

Finally i have make my preferences and run my own patch its very easy.

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-12-2020, 06:33 PM   #276
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe
mxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Libra H2O
Is it possible to add the code to the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file? I'm trying to patch this on my Libra H20. This is the code I mean (presumably with tweaks for the Libra H2O):

Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Changing the info panel in full size screensaver`
patch_enable = `no`
# Multi-version patch: 3.13.1-3.19.5761+
#
## Warning if you charge in sleep mode the text "sleeping" is cut
# https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7#post=3220397
#
find_base_address = `QWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 1000px;`
#QWidget-height from the top-Kobo Aura HD\H2O
#To move the info pannel to the botten corner change 0000px to 1290px 
replace_string = 0027, `min-height: 1000px;`, `min-height: 0000px;`
replace_string = 003C, `max-height: 1000px;`, `max-height: 0000px;`
#
#QWidget-height from the top-Kobo glo+Kobo Aura
#To move the info pannel to the botten corner change 000px to 904px 
replace_string = 007B, `min-height: 680px;`, `min-height: 000px;`
replace_string = 008F, `max-height: 680px;`, `max-height: 000px;`
#
#QWidget-height from the top-Kobo Mini
#To move the info pannel to the botten corner change 000px to 700px 
replace_string = 00CD, `min-height: 510px;`, `min-height: 000px;`
replace_string = 00E1, `max-height: 510px;`, `max-height: 000px;`
#
#
find_base_address = `#infoWidget {\n\tbackground-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 234);`
#background-color transparent
replace_string = 000F, `background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 234);`, `background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 120);`
replace_string = 0062, `background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 234);`, `background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 120);`
#
#
find_base_address = `#infoWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 470px;`
# infoWidget-box width height-Kobo Aura HD\H2O
replace_string = 002B, `min-width: 470px;`, `min-width: 350px;`
replace_string = 003E, `min-height: 260px;`, `min-height: 150px;`
replace_string = 0052, `max-height: 260px;`, `max-height: 150px;`
# infoWidget-box width height-Kobo glo+Kobo Aura
replace_string = 0094, `min-width: 380px;`, `min-width: 260px;`
replace_string = 00A7, `min-height: 230px;`, `min-height: 120px;`
replace_string = 00BB, `max-height: 230px;`, `max-height: 120px;`
# infoWidget-box width height-Kobo Mini  
replace_string = 00FD, `min-width: 300px;`, `min-width: 200px;`
replace_string = 0110, `min-height: 160px;`, `min-height: 100px;`
replace_string = 0124, `max-height: 160px;`, `max-height: 100px;`
#
#
find_base_address = `#infoFrame {\n\tborder-top: 1px solid black;`
# infoFrame-Margin-Kobo Aura HD\H2O
replace_string = 0144, `qproperty-leftMargin: 60;`, `qproperty-leftMargin: 02;`
replace_string = 015F, `qproperty-topMargin: 25;`, `qproperty-topMargin: 02;`
replace_string = 0179, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 25;`, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 02;`
# infoFrame-Margin-Kobo glo+Kobo Aura
replace_string = 01C3, `qproperty-leftMargin: 40;`, `qproperty-leftMargin: 02;`
replace_string = 01DE, `qproperty-topMargin: 20;`, `qproperty-topMargin: 02;`
replace_string = 01F8, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 20;`, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 02;`
# infoFrame-Margin-Kobo Mini 
replace_string = 0242, `qproperty-leftMargin: 30;`, `qproperty-leftMargin: 02;`
replace_string = 025D, `qproperty-topMargin: 10;`, `qproperty-topMargin: 02;`
replace_string = 0277, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 10;`, `qproperty-bottomMargin: 02;`
</Patch>
Perhaps this could fit in with the existing "Allow showing info panel on random screensaver" patch? That's this one:

Code:
Allow showing info panel on random screensaver:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: |
      See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321609. This patch
      allows showing the info panel even when using a random screensaver image
      from .kobo/screensaver (note that full-screen covers needs to be enabled
      for the screensaver to show).
  - ReplaceBytes:
      Base: "PowerViewController::updateCover()"
      Offset: 252
      FindInstBLX: {SymPLT: "FullScreenDragonPowerView::setInfoPanelVisible(bool)"}
      ReplaceInstNOP: true
mxbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:17 PM   #277
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@mxbndr the patches you are looking at are ay too old to work with the current firmware. Go to the 4.25 patch thread in the Kobo Developer forum and download the patches and then read what they do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:25 PM   #278
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe
mxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks. I have been using kobopatch_4.25.15875. It has an infopanel patch already, but it's just for showing the infopanel when using random screensavers. I'm hoping to move the infopanel to a corner, and thought the older patches might be a good place to start.
mxbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:34 PM   #279
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbndr View Post
Thanks. I have been using kobopatch_4.25.15875. It has an infopanel patch already, but it's just for showing the infopanel when using random screensavers. I'm hoping to move the infopanel to a corner, and thought the older patches might be a good place to start.
Older patches are not going to work. You need to use the current patches. If what you want is not available, ask for it in the patch thread.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:10 PM   #280
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The keyboard in the unpatched firmware has a keypad of extended Latin letters that is accessed by tapping the ÉÀÇ key:
Attachment 139272Attachment 139273Attachment 139274

It is possible to change the extended Latin letters to other letters with a custom keyboard patch. There are patches for Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, and Turkish, or you can make up your own keypad just by replacing the letters in one of these patches:

Cyrillic (lower and upper case) and Arabic:
Attachment 139276Attachment 139277Attachment 139279

Note that the glyphs for Arabic and Hebrew are not available when the device first boots, so the keyboard will just show blank squares until the first time the Aa menu inside a book is opened.

The screenshots above are from my Glo (fw 3.16.0), the keyboards on other devices are a little different.
(1st post) finally got my 1st e-reader, a Kobo Libra H2O. Loved the physical aspects of it, and the hackability (yes, you guys are, partly, the reason I picked this device. For me, ownership means being able to tinker). Anyway, I kinda need the Hebrew keyboard patch, hoping to be able to use it to search in books and also for browsing books in my local library in Hebrew. Seems like this patch was removed some time in the past. Is it b/c of some prosaic reason like it was no longer maintained or is it something that made that patch break something or not work entirely?
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:39 AM   #281
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Works fine this patch in kobo elipsa?
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:54 AM   #282
BradleyDS2
BradleyDS2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Is it possible to patch the kobo to accept decimals for the brightness level, to go below 1% for reading in the dark?
BradleyDS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:59 AM   #283
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyDS2 View Post
Is it possible to patch the kobo to accept decimals for the brightness level, to go below 1% for reading in the dark?
1 is the lowest you can go for the light. If you find that too bright, you can use NikelMenu to put your Kobo in night mode and that makes the light less bright then with the regular background.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:40 PM   #284
Maillemom
Connoisseur
Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook STG, Nook Color, Kindle, Kobo H2O
Hoping for a little help

Good day, I have a Kobo Aura One that I love. I need to update the firmware but I can’t see to find 4.15.12920. I seem to remember that I have to find or use another version.

I am hoping that someone could point me in the right direction so I can update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maillemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:16 PM   #285
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maillemom View Post
Good day, I have a Kobo Aura One that I love. I need to update the firmware but I can’t see to find 4.15.12920. I seem to remember that I have to find or use another version.

I am hoping that someone could point me in the right direction so I can update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why are you wanting to update to a 3 year old version of the firmware? The current version is 4.35.20400.

Anyhow, go to pgaskin's firmware download page, locate the Kobo Aura One entry, click on Other Versions at the end of the line and then browse down to 4.15.12920 and click on it to download that version.

I'm assuming you know how to manually update your Kobo's firmware.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote