Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-06-2017, 04:51 AM   #121
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Hisense A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
a sw issue I guess. I ordered a second one that my first one crashed the lcd, fortunately I can continue to use the eink screen for the time being

Anyway guys, do you know if Hisense A2 can be bought in some ways in europe?
I am thinking to ask for a refund to amazon, and then with the money back to buy a hisense A2, 5,2 inches for reading is exactly what i need, the 4,7 from yotaphone goes a bit strict to my standards, even if I found different workarounds.

Do you know how can I buy on line the Hisense A 2 without any risk? Amazon does not have and 435 bucks are a bit too much to risk
https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...china-435.html

btw did you see some video? it looks as the eink reflect the light too much, possibily has a glass that protect the eink? is terrible to see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ZPdWCMfk4

Hi,

I bought one from AliExpress, they have free worldwide shipping.
The phone is pretty nice, but there are two big downsides for me:
1. The phone arrived with an old ROM (relatively speaking, as it was only released half a year ago). When I updated it to the latest one (from the Chinese Hisense website - it took me two days to understand how I register there), it came without Google Apps/Google Play, so the ability to install software is very limited. Also, none of the standard ways to root work on this phone, so I could not try installing Google Apps myself.
2. The amount of customization that one can do regarding the e-ink screen is much more limited when compared to Yotaphone. They have two e-ink modes - "Clear" (two colors, faster refreshes, more artifacts) and "Smooth" (greyscale, slower refreshes, less artifacts). In the smooth mode, a full refresh (filling the entire screen with black) is being done once every 20 changes on the screen or so and this cannot be configured.

Therefore, it's not a good fit for me
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:59 AM   #122
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Announced for Russian and Chinese market in Sep the YP3 it will have a 5.3 eink screen on the back, much bigger than YP2.
http://techpp.com/2017/06/19/yotapho...pecifications/
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2017, 06:12 AM   #123
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Announced for Russian and Chinese market in Sep the YP3 it will have a 5.3 eink screen on the back, much bigger than YP2.
http://techpp.com/2017/06/19/yotapho...pecifications/
Here is link to engadget article that I posted to another thread https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/18/...napdragon-625/

CORRECTION
https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/18/...napdragon-625/
Sorry, I have copied the link text from my other post and not link location as I should have

Last edited by kacir; 06-20-2017 at 02:10 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #124
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Here is link to engadget article that I posted to another thread https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/18/...napdragon-625/
That link is missing a few characters :P
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #125
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/18/...napdragon-625/
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2017, 06:41 AM   #126
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
The fact that yotaphone3 is said to be dual sim, make it a serious
candidate device for me.

How did you came out with best protection for yotaphone2 ?
Searching on google i saw just 'bumpers' protecting the lateral side.
Is it enough to protect it ?
Did anyone came out with a fitting cover, maybe magnetic, covering (well, that's the only way) one of the screens?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:11 AM   #127
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I use the original bumper on my Yota 2. So far it has been very good. Once my phone fell out of my pocket while playing basketball and went sliding several meters across the asphalt court. Not a scratch - the bumper case protected the corners, and the Gorilla Glass on the second screen took care of the rest.
That said,.I don't keep my phone together with keys, etc.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:39 AM   #128
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Quote:
How did you came out with best protection for yotaphone2 ?
Searching on google i saw just 'bumpers' protecting the lateral side.
Is it enough to protect it ?
Did anyone came out with a fitting cover, maybe magnetic, covering (well, that's the only way) one of the screens?
Not sure about whether it's as protective as you wanted it to be, but I'm a big fan of flip cover so I mash two different cases (a bumper case and a flipcover for different phone) into one Yotaflip cover. So far it serves me well.
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:04 AM   #129
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsnow View Post
Not sure about whether it's as protective as you wanted it to be, but I'm a big fan of flip cover so I mash two different cases (a bumper case and a flipcover for different phone) into one Yotaflip cover. So far it serves me well.
Yeah....that's the idea you should start a business :-)
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #130
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Yeah....that's the idea you should start a business :-)
Haha, I take that as a compliment. I don't know if it's good enough to be sold, but maybe for personal order. I can make a tutorial instead?
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #131
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is it possible to mirror some kind of brightness app from the main screen so you basically have a lit E-paper screen ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #132
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Is it possible to mirror some kind of brightness app from the main screen so you basically have a lit E-paper screen ?
No. The e-ink screen is not lit in any way.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #133
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anybody know a link or a place where you can still get the YP 2 ? Ive been looking and looking but they seem to be all out of stock
Old 07-20-2017, 05:04 AM   #134
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Does anybody know a link or a place where you can still get the YP 2 ? Ive been looking and looking but they seem to be all out of stock
I found at DHGate for about 240$. I think I will wait for the Yotaphone 3.

Anyone knows when will it be released?
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #135
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shak3800 View Post
I found at DHGate for about 240$. I think I will wait for the Yotaphone 3.

Anyone knows when will it be released?
240 is too much for my budget right now unfortunately. It used to be much cheaper in certain China shops some months ago but they're all out of stock. The Yotaphone 3 is supposed to be released later this year.