Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Roger Zelazny's Alien Speedway: Clypsis by Jeffrey A. Carver

Great news, folks! A book I wrote based on a world and outline created by Roger Zelazny--Alien Speedway!--has at last returned to print! (E-ink print, that is.) After many years of pursuing this project (copyright complications--complete story on my blog), I have lived to see this book back in print!

Here's the tagline:

Quote:
Raceway to the stars...

Imagine Clypsis, an entire solar system designed as the most awesome racetrack in the history of the sport. Imagine a young hero from Earth, braving the unknown to reach Clypsis, where his dream of being a faster-than-light racer can come true. Mike Murray makes his way from the racing pits to the cockpit of the universe's most dangerous and exhilarating challenge...
This was one of the books that I had the most fun with, and one that got me lots of enthusiastic letters from readers (back in the days before email).

Right now, it's just in the Kindle store. Sony store is supposed to be next. The price is $9.99--and no, I didn't set that. It should be clean text, though--it's from my file, which I painstakingly proofed against the printed book.

Here it is, in the Kindle store: Roger Zelazny's Alien Speedway: Clypsis. (If you buy it through this link, I'll see a bit more return in the form of a referral fee. Thanks.)

Last edited by starrigger; 09-06-2010 at 10:42 PM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations! I have a Sony credit and will wait to spend it on this one.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Congratulations! I have a Sony credit and will wait to spend it on this one.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Yay! Congrats on getting it all worked out Jeff. You pretty much get an autobuy from me buddy.

I'll pick it up soon as I grab my new 650. Thanks for the notice.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Yay! Congrats on getting it all worked out Jeff. You pretty much get an autobuy from me buddy.
Music to my ears.

Since this one isn't under my control, I have some concerns about how quickly it will become available in various formats. It's supposed to be uploaded to Sony this week, but I don't know how long that will take to appear, or what store is next on the list.

So let me just make this standing offer: If anyone has format problems with this (as in, can't get it in the format you want, or DRM problems, or whatever), just contact me with proof of purchase of a copy in any format, and I'll do my best to make good with a DRM-free copy that works for you. (Or to put it another way, I have mobi and epub, and anything else is up to Calibre.)

What the hey, this offer applies to any of my ebooks. I'm intending to post it as policy on my website, but haven't gotten to it yet.