Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #91
nolaviz
Bookwyrm
nolaviz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD + Kobo Aura + Android with Moon+
FBReaderJ w/bidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DovGrobgeld View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but FBReaderJ, the Java version of FBReader that runs on Android, does not have any BiDirectional text support. This is in contrast to native FBReader that supports bidi for a long time. I tried to have a look at it myself a while back to see if I could port the Bidi support from FBReader to FBReaderJ, but I found that it wasn't trivial and I never finished the project. If there are any coders among you the two repos are available at:

https://github.com/geometer/FBReader
https://github.com/geometer/FBReaderJ
FYI, I have forked a version of FBReaderJ with rudimentary bidi support: it can be found in https://github.com/nolaviz/FBReaderJ.
At present this version only controls direction at the whole-book level. If anyone has books which need more, I'll be glad to see examples so I know what more is needed. (Implementing the full HTML bidi model appears to me to be overkill.)

-Alon
nolaviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #92
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
my kindle paperwhite supports Hebrew properly. but i didn't figure out how to make text justified and still have the last line aligned to the right.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #93
King_de_Copas
King_de_Copas began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Hi Everyone,

I am not a native Hebrew speaker but trying to improve my language skills by reading books.

A must-have feature for me would be to have a dictionary Hebrew-English available by just touching a word, like we have in many e-book readers.

So, anyone knows what are my options on this regard?

Does E-vrit come with a built-in dictionary? Is it a Hebrew-Hebrew dictionary, or I can select Hebrew-English?

Any e-reader software for PC or Android comes with this feature?
Calibre does, but only option is the built-in lookup to a wiktionary site all written in Hebrew, not a good option for me.

Thanks for your help.
Fabian.
King_de_Copas is offline   Reply With Quote