Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #1
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
10 inch ebook reader

Which 10 inch ebook reader would you recommend?

Regards

Tjun Kiat
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #2
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
The most popular choice currently appears to be the Onyx Boox Note:

wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Onyx_Boox_Note
mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293789

The second best choice might be the Boyue Likebook Note:

wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/BOYUE_Likebook_Note
mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295859

If a much faster CPU, double amount of RAM, somewhat less buggy and more complete software than the Likebook, and a very dependable European dealer is preferred, than the Boox Note might be the better choice.

As it completely depends on your own requirements, compare and decide yourself. In my not so humble opinion, none of the available 10 inch e-reader devices are really recommendable, as the included software usually is a disaster across the board, regardless of the Android version.

Based on my very personal own criteria, i favoured the Likebook Note over the Boox Note, as it has an SD card slot, function buttons, and is quite a bit cheaper. So far it has proven to be fast enough for my PDF reading needs (i don't do the usual ebook formats), despite the rather unfinished and incomplete default applications it comes with. Installation of Librera, RelaunchX, and Goldendict slightly remedied most of the software pains.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote