Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #31
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Thanks for the information! My plugins are not affected.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Thanks for the information! My plugins are not affected.
Then I wonder why Marvin XD was mentioned? Just thought I'd give a heads up in case there might have been an issue. Glad nothing is amiss.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@JSWolf: Blame. I had just done a scan of all plugins looking for those that were doing the faulty import.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #34
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
I have just installed MarvinXD on my ipad 2 now trying to connect to Calibre but though the calibre logo is up on Marvin it is not appearing in Calibre.
The Calibre connector box in Marvin says ready, disconnect and shows the calibre logo but only disconnect is live.

Last edited by chookie2; 09-08-2014 at 03:48 AM.
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #35
sjaeb
sjaeb began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I'm trying to use Marvin XD to import annotations to calibre, and while the library says Ann: # on the books, they don't import. Clicking view within the library window gives me this error message:

calibre, version 2.2.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named PyQt4

calibre 2.2 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.3.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0: Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.9.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Marvin XD && iOS reader applications && Find Duplicates
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1162, in dispatch_context_menu_event
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1680, in show_annotations
File "lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "/Users/sjaeb/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/Marvin_XD_resources/dialogs/html_viewer.py", line 34, in <module>
from html_viewer_ui import Ui_Dialog
File "/Users/sjaeb/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/Marvin_XD_resources/dialogs/html_viewer_ui.py", line 10, in <module>
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
ImportError: No module named PyQt4

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
sjaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #36
loudab
loudab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
OK, I give in.

After watching all the comments, plus receiving a few direct requests, I have talked to Philantrop about this plugin. Due to other commitments, he can't get to it yet.

So, I give in. And yes, I am using the same text and bad jokes in for both plugins. But, make sure you read the whole post as it isn't exactly the same.

Attached is a beta version of the plugin that should work with both calibre v2 and v1.48. I am not a user of this plugin, so haven't done that much testing in either environment. As far as I can tell, it works. I have tested it with my iPad with no problems. But, as I don't normally use the plugin, it is very likely I have not tested something important.

Please test the attached version and report any errors here. I am only fixing errors caused by the change to Qt5. If there are existing errors or other changes that you want, please see the first post of the thread for how to report or request them.

And please make sure you have the latest beta of the iOS reader applications plugin. Beta version 1.4.3 of the iOS reader applications plugin is here.

If you find an error, I need as much detail as possible. If calibre displays an error message, press the copy button and post the COMPLETE message. And tell me what you were doing. In precise detail. Don't leave anything out as unimportant. It's amazing how often it is the little insignificant detail that was left out was the clue to solve the problem. If you report an error, I might ask you to run in debug mode. This creates a log of the calibre session. Again, I want to see the full contents of the log.

My testing is on 32 bit Windows 7. I need the other OSes as well.

The attached beta is version 1.2.4. I expect to release several betas, so please check the version number before reporting an error.

And please report if everything is OK. If I don't see anything, then I don't know if it is all working, or if no-one has tried it.

When I am satisfied that that the plugin is working properly in both versions of calibre, I will hand the code over to Philantrop for the official release.
I feel like an idiot. I can't open the plug-in in Marvin. What am I missing?
loudab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #37
loudab
loudab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Paperwhite
I can't uninstall this plugin. Why is that?
loudab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #38
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudab View Post
I can't uninstall this plugin. Why is that?
Probably for the same reason you can't run it. You have 2.x (qt5) and you need 1.4x (qt4)

You are trying from Preferences: Plugins?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #39
Dchiplin
deb_oh_canada
Dchiplin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma & Aura One & iPad Mini Retina
Calibre with Marvin & iOS Reader plug-in not recognizing iPad Mini

Calibre V 2.3
Marvin XD 1.2.4
iOS Reader 1.4.3
iPad Mini iOS8

I have been having struggles with the iOS Reader plug-in since the last upgrade and finally have it reinstalled and was able to customize correctly.

Now Calibre does not recognize my iPad. In Marvin on my iPad the calibre connector window is show as "ready". I can see the Pad in My Computer.

I do have a large library but created a Virtual Library of about 200 items to speed-up caching.

Would be grateful for any troubleshooting help.

UPDATE

Tried again now getting an iOS Reader error:
calibre, version 2.3.0
iOS reader applications: Unable to connect to iDevice

Last edited by Dchiplin; 09-21-2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Update
Dchiplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #40
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Updating to iOS8 will require compatibility fixes.

Philantrop will try to update both plugins to work with iOS8 as soon as possible, hopefully within the next few days. (Taken from the iOS reader applications thread.)

I would advise in general not to update iOS until you know the stuff you use has been updated. Not just this, either. Many apps probably need to be updated also, etc.

First Mover disadvantage.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #41
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I tried a backup/restore operation using Marvin XD, but the restore failed with the following error:
"AttributeError:'tuple object has no attribute 'toUtf8'
I have a screenshot. Can I send it somewhere? It contains a little more information, but not much.
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #42
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
21st Sept. 2014 msg: "Philantrop will try to update both plugins to work with iOS8 as soon as possible, hopefully within the next few days. (Taken from the iOS reader applications thread.)"

Any news on the above yet? I am still unable to access MarvinXD through Calibre and IOS is still unistalling itself each time I install it.
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #43
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chookie2 View Post
21st Sept. 2014 msg: "Philantrop will try to update both plugins to work with iOS8 as soon as possible, hopefully within the next few days. (Taken from the iOS reader applications thread.)"

Any news on the above yet? I am still unable to access MarvinXD through Calibre and IOS is still unistalling itself each time I install it.
Please subscribe to the github issue as per this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=212

Your problem is https://github.com/Philantrop/calibr...ons/issues/136
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #44
binone
binone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle
Question Can I transfer annotations from Calibre to Marvin?

Hi Folks,

Just started with Marvin on iPad.

I have installed the MarvinXD plugin. I can see annotations/highlights I created in Marvin in the "Annotations" column in Calibre.

The use case I am trying to test is:

1) Book is in Calibre.
2) Transfer to Marvin via Calibre.
3) Annotate in Marvin.
4) Sync with Calibre - annotations appear in Calibre.
5) Delete book in Marvin.
6) Transfer book afresh to Marvin.

How do I get the annotations back in Marvin? I cannot seem to see any options for this and doing a straight send to device sends the book but no annotations?

Thanks in advance!

JC
binone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #45
Shanaii
Shanaii began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini
Hi,

first, i`m sorry my english is very bad. I´ll try to do my best

I have a Problem with marvin XD and iOS reader application.

Today i liked to transfer some books to my ipad and opened calibre. Then there pops up an info that Marvin XD need the iOS reader application, if i connecft my ipad, nothing happens marvin dosen`t "see" it. But it was still installed. I go to plugin, i cant find iOS reader application, i go to calibre configuration directory and there iOS reader application already is installed. I deinstalled it, and marvinXD. It dosen't help. Everytim i start calibre new for activate marvinXD the iOS reader application is gone. So i deinstalled Calibre and install it and the plugins again. Now there no marvin pop up, but theres also no Marvin icon in the toolbar. And if i now try to connect my ipad (ios8.02, marvin2.7.6) there comes a pop up that says thats unable to conect device.

I don`t know what to do know. Ten days before everthing works good, with ios8 and i dosen`t do anything except Updating Calibre to 2.5.0

Here are the error informations i got:

calibre, version 2.3.0
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>ImportError</b>:cannot import name ConfigWidget

calibre 2.3 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Reading List && Marvin XD && iOS reader applications
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 289, in double_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 370, in modify_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 152, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 493, in config_widget
ImportError: cannot import name ConfigWidget

Running debug device detection failed.Click show for more information;

nable to connect to iDevice

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 451, in _debug_detection
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\__init__.py", line 139, in debug
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 330, in is_device_connected
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 924, in is_usb_connected
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\interface.py", line 200, in is_usb_connected
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 943, in is_usb_connected_windows
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1239, in _get_connected_device_info
InitialConnectionError: Unable to connect to iDevice

I thank you in adavance for reading my bad english and trying to help me^^

Bye Shanaii
Shanaii is offline   Reply With Quote