Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2019, 08:32 PM   #646
lucasrato
lucasrato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@hius07: Yay! Nah, I'll update the docs for the next snapshots build, thanks!

@lucasrato: You do need a working JB.

Last edited by lucasrato; 10-30-2019 at 08:48 PM.
lucasrato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:54 PM   #647
radec
radec began at the beginning.

Device: none
@NiLuJe I just tried your hotfix variant of KUAL from a couple posts back. worked for me. just for your info I'm on a KT2 with 5.12.2
Thanks for your work!
radec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2019, 12:42 AM   #648
pavel-s
pavel-s began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Whitepaper 3/4
@NiLuJe Would it be possible to do anything with PW4 5.12.2 - I'd lost jailbreak after the that sneaky silent update (and didn't updated the hotfix before) - the hotfix from your recent post gives me the same error as the hotfix from the "snapshots" page - "update error: 007".

Another possible mistake that I'd make after 5.12.2 update is to replace (update) MRPI that was originally installed after the jailbreak (and worked previously with ;log mrpi) with the latest from the snapshots page.

Thanks
pavel-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:43 AM   #649
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel-s View Post
@NiLuJe Would it be possible to do anything with PW4 5.12.2 - I'd lost jailbreak after the that sneaky silent update (and didn't updated the hotfix before) - the hotfix from your recent post gives me the same error as the hotfix from the "snapshots" page - "update error: 007".

Another possible mistake that I'd make after 5.12.2 update is to replace (update) MRPI that was originally installed after the jailbreak (and worked previously with ;log mrpi) with the latest from the snapshots page.

Thanks
Thanks for the report.
FW 5.12.2 is available for PW2 and newer.
One would expect it to be the same on all models it is used on, but evidently it is not.
The only thing we can do is collect reports from all models that have been jailbroken and then attacked by 5.12.2
Tedious in the extreme.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:41 AM   #650
indiecognition
indiecognition began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage (WiFi)
I posted on a different thread, and knc1 directed me here.

Basically I have a PW3 and Voyage, both jailbroken. I updated both with the most recent firmware (5.12.1). I have the dummy update folder, and generally keep the kindles in airplane mode.

After the 5.12.1 upgrade, I ran the 1.14 nomax hotfix, used ;log mrpi to install the KUAL booklet, python, and screensaver hack. All was good.

Then a few days ago I noticed that my Kindle Voyage wasn't showing custom screensavers anymore. Discovered that it updated itself to 5.12.2 despite being on airplane mode 99.9% of the time. Now I get Error 007 when I try to install the nomax hotfix.

Based on knc1's suggestion, I just tried the KUAL booklet hotfix that NiJuLe posted on 10/30. I also get Error 007.

This is only on my Voyage...PW3 also in airplane mode most of the time is still working fine and on v 5.12.1

Thanks for all the work to make Kindles better for all of us!
indiecognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #651
darkassassinua
darkassassinua began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
it`s looks like u lose ur jailbreak...
darkassassinua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #652
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@pavel-s: You mentioned that you had an older hotfix installed before the update. That means you're quite probably screwed.

@indiecognition: Basically the same, except that I can definitely tell you that you had an older, unsupported hotfix. Because...

@all: Don't use the nomax packages, ever. They are *oooold*, and will not support newer firmwares, and may not even bridge properly across older firmwares in some circumstances.

As a rule of thumb, don't install something that was packaged > 3 months before the release date of your current FW, especially for something as criticial as the bridge...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-01-2019 at 02:08 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #653
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@all: Subscribe to this thread so you will get e-mail notices of any changes/improvements.
top of page, thread tools, subscribe.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #654
umpalumpa
umpalumpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Hi errone, i just bought Kindle 3 Keyboard Wifi and Jailbreak doesnt work... Its a new version of 3.4.3 kindle update out few weeks (11/2019).. so im sad i cant jailbreak and install my native czech language :/ Any tips?

Last edited by umpalumpa; 11-13-2019 at 04:10 PM.
umpalumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #655
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Define "doesn't work".

AFAIK (and I vaguely remember checking), the latest 3.4.x / 4.x releases haven't changed anything to the process.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #656
umpalumpa

Quote:
Define "doesn't work".

AFAIK (and I vaguely remember checking), the latest 3.4.x / 4.x releases haven't changed anything to the process.
Bro, Im not sure about what you said..

I copy update_jailbreak_0.13.N_k3w_install.bin to root directory, then start update process and update process bar fuck me off in 3 seconds with "The update was not successful, your kindle is restarting.." after restart nothing changed..

I have Wifi version of Kindle 3 Keyboard. I think there is a some of new resistance fix in last version of firmware 3.4.3..... I have second Kindle 3 without keyboard with 4.XX firmware and there is no problem with jailbreak so..

Old 11-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #657
umpalumpa

[QUOTE=umpalumpa;3915719]Bro, Im not sure about what you said..

I copy update_jailbreak_0.13.N_k3w_install.bin to root directory, then start update process and update process bar fuck me off in 3 seconds with "The update was not successful, your kindle is restarting.." after restart nothing changed..

I have Wifi version of Kindle 3 Keyboard. I think there is a some of new resistance fix in last version of firmware 3.4.3..... I have second Kindle 3 without keyboard with 4.XX firmware and there is no problem with jailbreak so..
---

Allright, my issues was resolved now! Jailbreaked!

1) I uninstall jailbreak update - OK!
2) Install jailbreak update - OK!
3) Uninstall custom language update - OK!
4) Installed JB and custom language like a boss

Hope this helps someone.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:06 PM   #658
LastSilmaril
Enthusiast
LastSilmaril began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 3G, KV 3G
Quote:
Okay then, let's try this: a hotfix variant of KUAL (i.e., install it via UYK).

(It's the full package, because I'm lazy. Just pick the hotfix install package).
This worked on my Voyage with 5.12.2 (though curiously ;log mrpi didn't work? Needed to launch from the button in KUAL). Thank you for your continued efforts! And also, thanks to knc1 for pointing out this post of yours/generally serving as The Support Guy here
LastSilmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:05 PM   #659
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@LastSilmaril: That was kind of the point, given
Quote:
On the other hand, that one does finally make sense, as ;log is indeed gone in 5.12.2 .
Old 11-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #660
LastSilmaril
Enthusiast
LastSilmaril began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 3G, KV 3G
Quote:
@LastSilmaril: That was kind of the point, given
...right, ofc, being silly
LastSilmaril is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags